Each year the Commission organises a series of conferences on important
issues regarding regional policy. In this section you will find reports
on these conferences or the texts of speeches given by the participants.
- 15-17 November 2006, Graz : Best Practice IV
- 09-12 October 2006, Brussels : "OPEN DAYS – European Week of Regions and Cities"
- 12-13 June 2006, Brussels : Regions for economic change - Innovating through the structural funds
- 24 November 2005, Brussels : Financing Growth and Cohesion in the Enlarged EU
- 10-13 October 2005, Brussels : "OPEN DAYS – European Week of Regions and Cities"
- Gothenburg, November 14-15 : "Towards a Knowledge Society - The Nordic Experience" - Ministerial Conference
- 5-7 October 2005, Magdeburg : Best Practice III : Shaping Best Practice
- 13-15 June 2005, Brussels : EPA Seminar for
EU outermost regions (ORs) and
overseas countries and territories (OCTs)
- 3 March 2005, Brussels : Cohesion and the Lisbon Agenda: The Role of the Regions
- February 2005 : Workshop 'Roma and Structural Funds' Preliminary Report
- February 2005 : Seminar on the future Objective 3 of the Structural Funds.
PowerPoint slides : Cross-border co-operation - Interregional co-operation and network programmes - European grouping of cross-border cooperation - Cross border co-operation at the EU external borders - Trans-national co-operation
- October 2004 in Noordwijk and Leiden, the NL: The City Summit
- October 2004, Rovaniemi, FIN: Best Practice II "Competitive Regions – Shaping Best Practices II" - Seminar Website - Best Practices Booklet
- September 2004, Brussels: Meeting of the informal working group - Structural Funds Information Team (SFIT)
- September 2004, Brussels: Workshop programme “Managing Regional Development” - Open Days
- May 2004, Brussels: Third European Cohesion Forum
- November 2003, Brussels: Seminar "Successful Communication on the Structural Funds: Working Together"
- October 2003, Brussels: Conference
with the Ministers responsible for Regional Policy and Structural
Instruments in the Acceding Countries
- October 2003, in Sheffield , UK - Best Practice I : Competitive
Regions - Shaping Best Practice
- July 2003, Brussels: "Cohesion
and constitution: the roles and responsibilities of the regions"
- June 2003, Budapest: Fifth
European Conference on Evaluation of the Structural Funds: "CHALLENGES
FOR EVALUATION IN AN ENLARGED EUROPE"
- April 2003, Brussels: From
ISPA to the Structural Funds and the Cohesion Fund
- March 2003, Brussels: Managing
structural funds in the future : which division of responsibilities
- October 2002, Brussels: Community
policy and Mountains areas + Proceedings
of the Conference
- July 2002, London: Cities
for Cohesion : Lessons from the European URBAN Programmes
- May 2002, Brussels: Seminar
on the future of Cohesion Policy
- April 2002, Athens: Structural Funds: Seminar on Risk
- April 2002, Brussels: Structural
Funds as a Tool for Tackling Depopulation
- March 2002, Brussels: Seminar
on "Working together on information and communication"
- December 2001, Athens (Greece) : Seminar
on Information and Publicity -
Seminar on local Development
- June 2001, Lycksele (Sweden): Regional
Depopulation as a Challenge for Structural Policies
- May 2001, Brussels: The
Second European Cohesion Forum
- February 2001, Brussels : ERDF
Innovative Actions 2000-2006 - Information day.
- January 2001, Brussels : Sharing
responsability for the decentralised management of the Structural
- December 2000, Lyon: The Information Society and economic,
social and territorial cohesion. 2000-2006: a new opportunity.
Speeches and Workshops.
- September 2000, Edinburgh : Fourth
European conference on evaluation of the structural funds
- June 2000, Brussels: The sharing of responsibilities
in the decentralised management of the Structural Funds. Speech.
- November 1999, Brussels :
Interreg III Information Day. Workshops.
- Novembre 1998, Vienne: European urban forum
Syntheses of the 4 Workshops
(available in all EU languages)
- March 1998, Seville : Evaluations
of structural policies
- April 1997, Brussels : European
Cohesion Forum (debating EU policies for economic and social
- December 1996, Berlin : MEANS
(methods for evaluating action of a structural nature)