Between 10 and 13 October 2016, the Brussels-based European Week of Regions and Cities will consist of:
- the Opening Session on 10 October;
- a programme of some 130 sessions, involving all event partners;
- a Master Class for 30 pre-selected PhD students/early career researchers in the field of regional policy;
- the Regio Stars exhibition and Regio Stars Awards;
- a media programme.
Under the headline ‘Regions and cities for sustainable and inclusive growth’, the programme relates to the 2016 event’s thematic priorities.
- 22 sessions coordinated by partnerships of regions and cities;
- Around 60 sessions organised by the European Commission;
- 38 sessions hosted by the European Committee of the Regions (Meeting Place), including CoR legislative work and political groups results;
- 10 University seminars, organised with the support of the Regional Studies Association, the Association of European Schools of Planning and the European Regional Science Association.
EWRC 2016 Programme (full programme in pdf)