Data for research
DG Regional Policy encourages researchers to use data published on this website for their scientific work. Below we indicate some of the data available. Should you look for other data or should you require additional explanations, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org). The evaluation unit is grateful for feedback on potential data needs and where possible will try to respond to them.
- Basic financial information
- EU Budget commitments by fund by year and by programme
- EU Payments to Member States with a breakdown by programming periods, Member States, Funds and years .
- Thematic categories. This table present a breakdown of funding by certain thematic categories in the programming period 2000-2006
- Period 2007-2013: Progress in implementation reported by the managing authorities in the programme annual implementation reports (AIR) is captured by monitoring information on (1) allocations decided, (2) amounts allocated to projects and (3) the core indicators used for ERDF and Cohesion Fund.
- Explanatory Note
- Categorisation / project selection data – reported by programmes by combination of dimension codes
- Core indicators data for ERDF/Cohesion Fund – reported by programme
- Infographics : What does Cohesion Policy fund for 2007-2013?
- Lists of beneficiaries. Since 2007, there is a legal obligation on Member States to provide information on the beneficiaries of Cohesion Policy.
- Unit costs of major projects. DG Regional Policy has created two databases with unit costs on major projects. More details and explanations can be found on this website in the ex post evaluation of the ERDF and the Cohesion Fund in the 2000-2006 programming period.