Cohesion policy: Strategic report 2012-2013 on the implementation of the current round of programmes 2007-2013
- What outputs and results are Member States and the regions delivering under the agreed objectives, including high level EU objectives?
- How is cohesion policy contributing to reducing economic and social disparities across Europe while contributing to Europe 2020?
- What has been the impact of the economic crisis on implementation and how are the programmes responding?
- Are there difference in delivery across the different themes and how do the Member States perform against the EU average?
24/04/2013 : At the Committee on the Coordination of the Funds Austria presented its strategic report . This was followed by a presentation of the Commission Synthesis report on the programme 2007-2013 .
18/04/2013: EU Cohesion Policy is helping to weather the crisis and produce growth, says Commission 2013 Strategic Report
25/03/2013: At the Committee on the Coordination of the Funds on 20 March three more Member states presented their 2012 Strategic reports on the programme 2007-2013 – they were Bulgaria, the Czech Republic and Estonia.
28/02/2013: The Polish and the Portuguese representatives presented their respective national strategic reports 2012 to the Member States expert committee on the Structural funds (COCOF) in Bruxelles.
15/2/2013: The Commission has published the 2012 Expert Evaluation Network 'synthesis' and 'national policy paper' reports reviewing the material available in the different member states on implementation of the 2007-2013 programmes. The complementary thematic report for 2012 is on financial engineering. All are available here: Expert Evaluation Network - Analysis on the Cohesion Policy Performance
06/12/2012 : Poland is the first Member States to officially submit its National Strategic report on the progress in implementing its cohesion policy programmes and towards its objectives.
31/12/2012: Deadline for submission of the member States national reports
16/1/2012: The European Commission issued guidance on the 2012-2013 reporting exercise following discussions in the Committee on the Coordination of the Funds (COCOF):
- Guidance note on the indicative contents and structure for the National Strategic report 2012
- Core indicators
The requirement for "strategic reports" on the implementation of cohesion policy and its results and impacts was introduced for the first time in the period 2007-2013. The purpose of these reports is to increase transparency and accountability on national implementation progress and to promote discussion of the policy, particularly amongst the EU institutions. The reports are therefore an important tool to monitor the delivery of the agreed objectives during the current programming period.
Based on 27 reports provided by the Member States, the Commission Strategic report 2010 presented for the first time a complete overview of progress in implementing the policy while drawing some conclusion and recommendations. The 2012-2013 exercise is planned to bring further evidence of the performance of the policy in terms of outputs and result indicators.
- Press Release: EU Cohesion Policy is helping to weather the crisis and produce growth, says Commission 2013 Strategic Report
- Report from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: Cohesion policy: Strategic report 2013 on programme implementation 2007-2013 - COM (2013) 210
- Commission Staff working document SEC(2013) 129
- Thematic Factsheets
- Other supporting statistics
Member States Strategic Report 2012
Below you will find links to the national reports that have been published by the Member States as they are made available.