No A līdz Z
Member States are required to appoint monitoring committees to check that Operational Programmes (OPs) which use Structural and Cohesion funding are being correctly implemented. These committees are chaired by the relevant Member State (or managing authority) and comprise regional, economic and social partners.
A monitoring committee's key tasks include:
- assessing the effectiveness and quality of OPs
- approving criteria for financing under each OP
- making periodical reviews of OPs and their progress towards specific targets
- examining the results of implementation to assess whether those targets have been met
- where necessary, proposing revisions to OPs, including changes related to their financial management