No A līdz Z
A certifying authority is responsible for guaranteeing the accuracy and probity of statements of expenditure and requests for payments before they are sent to the European Commission. Management of the European Regional Development Fund, European Social Fund and Cohesion Fund is shared with member countries, regions and other intermediary bodies. A certifying authority is nominated by one or more of the aforementioned groups for each Operational Programme co-financed by these Funds.
Specific responsibilities of certifying authorities include:
- Certifying compatibility of expenditure with national and Community rules and criteria
- Ensuring sufficient information is received from the relevant Managing Authorities to support their claims
- Taking account of audit reports
- Maintaining computerised records
- Keeping account of unused/recovered funds to be returned to the Commission