EU Competency Framework for the management and implementation of the ERDF and the Cohesion Fund
|Available languages :|
The implementation of European Regional Development Fund and Cohesion Fund Programmes requires strong administrative capacity. This study addresses the competencies of employees involved in the management of the funds. The main result of the study is a set of practical tools that support human resources development:
- the Competency Framework covering all institutions involved in the management of the funds.
- the competency Self-Assessment Tool based on the Competency Framework.
- a recommended training Blueprint.
The Competency Framework and Self-Assessment Tool are job-aids to help institutions managing the funds in strengthening their human resources capacity. The Competency Framework and Self-Assessment are flexible and customizable, so that they apply to the different organisational structures in the Member States. The Self-Assessment Tool allows for a competency assessment on individual and institutional level. The outcomes of the assessment provide an important base for individual development plans, overarching human resources strategies and training plans. The recommended Blueprint for a European Regional Development Fund and Cohesion Fund training provides guidance on the structure of a learning offer, which is functional to strengthening the competencies defined in the Competency Framework.
- Annex 6 – Technical requirements and Instructions for using the Self-Assessment Tool
- Annex 7 - Good practices of competency based approaches in ESIF management and implementation systems
- Annex 8 – Blueprint for Training programmes on Coordination, management and implementation of ERDF and CF 2014-2020
- Annex 9 – Inventory of education and training programmes