Cohesion Policy and Romania
|Available languages :|
In 2014-2020, Romania will manage six operational programmes under EU Cohesion Policy: four programmes funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Cohesion Fund, and two programmes funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) including the Youth Employment Initiative.
How much will be invested in Romania in 2014-2020?
For 2014-2020, Romania has been allocated around € 23 billion in total for Cohesion Policy funding:
- € 15.06 billion for the less developed regions (all except Bucharest)
- € 441.3 million for more developed regions (Bucharest);
- € 6.93 billion under the Cohesion Fund;
- € 453 million for European Territorial Cooperation;
- € 106 million for the Youth Employment Initiative.
Of this, ESF will represent a min of € 4.8 billion. The actual share will be set in light of the specific challenges the country needs to address in the areas covered by the ESF.
|More information :|