Seventh Report on Economic, Social and Territorial Cohesion
New Cohesion report fuels the discussion on EU funds after 2020
The Commission published on 9 October the 7th Cohesion Report. It zooms in on EU regions and cities, draws lessons from cohesion spending during the crisis years and sets the scene for cohesion policy after 2020.
Analysing the current state of the EU's economic, social and territorial cohesion, the Cohesion Report covers all our territories: Europe's economy is bouncing back but disparities persist between and within our Member States.
Public investment in the EU is still below pre-crisis levels, while regions and Member States need to invest more to respond to the challenges identified in the reflection paper on the future of EU finances; the digital revolution, globalisation, demographic change and social cohesion, economic convergence and climate change.
The Report suggests an EU-wide policy serving three main purposes: harnessing globalisation, leaving no one behind and supporting structural reforms.
- Seventh report on economic, social and territorial cohesion
Full report (62MB)
- Short versions
- Presentation on the 7th Cohesion Report -
- Figures, tables and data behind the maps
- Factsheet – Cohesion in our Union
- Factsheet – Cohesion Policy at work, delivering in all EU regions
- Unemployment rate, 2016
- European quality of government, 2017
- Change in GDP per head, index 2008-2015
- EU Social Progress Index, 2016
- Impact of the 2014-2020 Cohesion Policy progammes, 2030
Introduction to the interactive maps
Click on "Layers" to select one of the maps: