Special support instruments
Four joint initiatives were developed by the European Commission (Directorate General for Regional Policy) in co-operation with the European Investment Bank group and other financial institutions in the framework of the 2007-2013 programming period in order to make cohesion policy more efficient and sustainable. Two of them refer to the promotion of financial engineering instruments (JEREMIE and JESSICA) and the other two (JASPERS and JASMINE) operate as technical assistance facilities.
- JASPERS :Joint Assistance to Support Projects in European Regions, is a technical assistance facility for the twelve EU countries which joined the EU in 2004 and 2007. It provides the Member States concerned with the support they need to prepare high quality major projects, which will be co-financed by EU funds.
- JEREMIE :Joint European Resources for Micro to Medium Enterprises, is an initiative of the European Commission developed together with the European Investment Fund. It promotes the use of financial engineering instruments to improve access to finance for SMEs via Structural Funds interventions.
- JESSICA: Joint European Support for Sustainable Investment in City Areas, is an initiative of the European Commission developed in co-operation with the European Investment Bank (EIB) and the Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB). It supports sustainable urban development and regeneration through financial engineering mechanisms.
- JASMINE : Joint Action to Support Micro-finance Institutions in Europe, aims at providing both technical assistance and financial support to non-bank micro-credit providers and to help them to improve the quality of their operations, to expand and to become sustainable. JASMINE seeks also to promote good practices in the field of microcredit and to draft a code of good conduct for micro-credit institutions.
- Situation as at 31 March 2017 (at closure) - By country Annex 3: Legend - Austria - Belgium - Bulgaria - Cyprus - Czech Republic - Denmark - Estonia - Finland - France - Germany - Greece - Hungary - Italy - Latvia - Lithuania - Malta - Netherlands - Poland - Portugal - Romania - Slovakia - Slovenia - Spain - Sweden - United Kingdom - Interreg
- Situation as at 31 December 2015
- Situation as at 31 December 2014
- Situation as at 31 December 2013
- Situation as at 31 December 2012
- Situation as at 31 December 2011