Urban Development Network - seminar
The Urban Development Network - seminar will take place 18 February.
The Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy has organized the 3rd Urban Development Network – seminar 18 February 2016 in Brussels at Atelier des Tanneurs (rue des Tanneurs 60A). This seminar repeated the 2rd Urban Development Network which took place 3 June. Almost 200 representatives from cities, Managing Authorities and other stakeholders attended the seminar which was focused on the implementation of sustainable urban development (Article 7 ERDF). Workshops were organized around: design of integrated strategies; capacity building within cities and MAs; and project selection. In addition, short updates were given to the audience on: the launch of the URBACT III implementation networks; Urban Innovative Actions; the pilot peer-to-peer UDN event in Seville; TAIEX peer-to-peer and its relevance to urban issues; and Sustainable Urban Mobility (presentation from DG MOVE). DGREGIO gave a detailed update of the state of art of the implementation of Article 7 within the Member States.
- "TAIEX-REGIO PEER 2 PEER" a new tool bringing together cohesion policy experts , Laura Indriliunaite, DG REGIO
- An overview on sustainable urban development in the 2014-2020 programmes , Márton Matkó, DG REGIO
- Sustainable urban mobility plans Isabelle Maes, DG MOVE
- Integrated sustainable urban development strategies Peter Ramsden, URBACT expert
- URBACT pilots on the implementation of strategies and lessons learnt , Sally Kneeshaw, URBACT expert
- The Urban Innovative Actions initiative Raffaele Barbato, UIA secretariat
- URBACT III call for implementation networks for cities Emmanuel Moulin, Director of URBACT secretariat