Murcia ERDF 2014-20 OP
The Programme aims to boost economic growth in the region of Murcia by creating employment, especially in activities with high added value. It is expected to increase productivity, particularly in SMEs, by supporting smart growth and sustainable use of resources.
EU funding is targeted in line with the agreed regional 'smart specialisation strategy' aiming to strengthen research institutions, with improved scientific and technological infrastructure. Research and development and innovation (R+D+I) activities will be promoted in public companies, leveraging private investment. Enhanced linkages and knowledge transfer will be established between enterprises and the research centres.
SME competitiveness and the diversification of their business activities will be promoted through improved access to credit, as well as fostering SMEs' position on international markets.
The programme will contribute to a more efficient and respectful use of natural resources. Together with investments in energy efficiency and renewable energies, the funds will help the region respect environmental standards and preserve biodiversity, which is key for its economy.
Finally, a particular effort will be made in promoting social inclusion and education by developing social housing and education infrastructure.
The Programme will focus on four main priorities (% of funding):
- Knowledge and innovation (30.6%);
- Enhancing SME's competitiveness (18.7 %);
- More efficient use of resources (35.4%); and
- Social inclusion and education (12%)
- 40% of companies to engage in innovation activities;
- Investment in 5,000 existing SMEs;
- 100% of population to be covered by highspeed broadband; and
- Recycling 50% of the urban waste generated.
- Región de Murcia
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 333,484,725.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 416,855,908.00 €
Total EU contribution: 333,484,725.00 €
CCI number: 2014ES16RFOP019
Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas - Subdirección General de Gestión del FEDER
Paseo de la Castellana, 162
+3491 583 52 23
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesMurcia ERDF 2014-20 OP