Regional Operational Programme
The Regional Operational Programme (ROP) aims at promoting smart sustainable and inclusive growth in all regions in Romania making them more attractive places in which to live and work. The programme addresses the major development challenges for Romania: regional competitiveness, sustainable urban development, the low-carbon economy, and economic and social infrastructure at regional and local level.
The programme will focus on the following funding priorites:
- Supporting transfer of technology and innovation take up by SMEs in areas for smart specialisation.
- Enhancing SMEs' competitiveness focusing on Romania's high-growth economic sectors.
- Promoting the low-carbon economy through investments in energy efficiency in buildings, public lighting and sustainable multimodal urban mobility.
- Supporting sustainable integrated urban development and regeneration of deprived urban areas.
- Developing cultural heritage and tourism as drivers for local economic development.
- Improving regional connectivity.
- Investing in health, social, and education and training infrastructure in support of national reforms.
- Extending the registration of land tenure.
- An increased share of innovative SMEs collaborating with others (+ 3.7%)
- Support to more than 5,000 SMEs leading to a 46% increase in labour productivity in less developed regions
- Increase in the survival rate of SMEs by 10%
- Reduction of energy consumption by 37% in public buildings, 51% in residential buildings, and 33% for public lighting
- Improving urban public transport attracting 140 million additional passengers per year in less developed regions
- The rehabilitation and modernisation of more than 2,000 km of roads improving regional connectivity to the TEN-T network
- Creating 224,000 sqm of additional green spaces in cities
- Renovating 45 additional cultural heritage sites
- 500,000 people benefitting from better community and primary health care services in less developed regions while decreasing avoidable emergency admissions in hospitals
- Increasing the enrolment in crèches, pre-primary education, primary and secondary and vocational education and training
- Increase in the share of the population aged between 30 to 34 with tertiary level education from 20.4% to 28.2%
- Number of administrative units with all properties included in the land register increases from 0.24% to 28%
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 6,760,000,000.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 8,360,780,978.00 €
Total EU contribution: 6,760,000,000.00 €
CCI number: 2014RO16RFOP002
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesRegional Operational Programme