Regional OP Madeira (Autonomous Region)
The Operational Programme "Regional Madeira 2014-2020" is a multi-fund Programme with contributions from the European Regional Development Fund and European Social Funds for the period 2014-2020, covering the outermost region of Madeira. The total allocation of the Operational Programme comes to EUR 403 million with a financial contribution of EUR 274 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and EUR 129 million from the European Social Fund (ESF).
The programme aims contribute to promoting the competitiveness of the regional economy and the region's sustainable development and internal cohesion, as well as the region's contribution to the achievement of the key EU 2020 targets:
- More than 10% of the OP resources are allocated to supporting competitiveness and innovation in enterprises.
- Around 8% of the resources will boost research and technical development (RTD) and innovation, helping the country reach its national Europe 2020 target by increasing its GDP spend on RTD from 2.7% to 3.3 % (it was 1.5% in 2011). In particular, the OP contribution is expected to foster RTD and innovation knowledge transfer to enterprises.
- 11% will be dedicated to promoting job creation and enhancement of endogenous resources, contributing to the attainment of the national Europe 2020 target of 75% of 20-64 year-olds to be employed (69.1 % in 2011).
- More than 21% will be dedicated to promoting education and qualification, helping the country reach its national Europe 2020 target to reduce early school leaving to 10% (from 23.2% in 2011).
- Almost 5% of the OP funding aims to support the shift towards a low-carbon economy, mostly in energy efficiency investments and sustainable urban mobility in order to ensure the sustainable development of the energy sector; these funds will contribute to Portugal's national Europe 2020 target of 31% of energy deriving from renewable sources (27.3 % in 2011).
The Programme will focus on twelve main priorities, including one concerning the special allocation for theoutermost region:
- RTD and innovation;
- Enhancing access to, and use and quality of ICT;
- Competitiveness of the regional enterprises;
- Low-carbon economy;
- Climate change, risk prevention and management;
- Environment and resource efficiency;
- Sustainable transport and key network infrastructures;
- Employment and labour mobility;
- Social inclusion and combating poverty;
- Education and lifelong learning;
- Institutional capacity and efficient public administration;
- Specific additional allocation for the outermost region.
- Creation of 120 new SMEs
- Investment in 326 existing SMEs
- Yearly reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 3,345 CO2 equivalent tons
- Create 1060 jobs
- Increase the number of stays in hotels and other touristic accomodations by some 25% and increase
- number of tourists visiting natural and cultural attractions by 150.000
- Região Autónoma da MADEIRA
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 274,337,728.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 129,010,000.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 474,526,747.00 €
Total EU contribution: 403,347,728.00 €
CCI number: 2014PT16M2OP006
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesRegional OP Madeira (Autonomous Region)