OP South Netherlands ERDF 2014-2020
The region of Southern-Netherlands, consisting of the provinces Zeeland, Noord-Brabant and Limburg, has been allocated an amount of EUR 113,627,056 from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for the period 2014-2020. With this allocation, and in combination with additional public and private co-financing, the region aims to strengthen its potential for Research and Innovation while at the same time supporting the shift to a resource-efficient, low-carbon economy. With these clear and focused objectives, the region contributes to the overarching EU2020 strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth and to the Dutch targets set in this regard.
The region recognizes the need for targeted investments and takes into account its socio-economic profile, as well as the European Council’s country specific recommendations. It also bears in mind the overarching European and national strategies and in particular the Regional Innovation Strategy of Southern-Netherlands. The operational programme will therefore;
- promote business investment in Research and Innovation, develop links and synergies between enterprises, research and development centres, knowledge institutions and the higher education sector, and open innovation through smart specialisation;
- promote the adoption of innovative low-carbon technologies in the region through demonstrations and pilot projects.
The Programme will focus on two main priorities:
- Increase the research and innovation intensity in SMEs and improve their uptake of innovation;
- Support the development and first application of innovative low-carbon technologies to enable larger-scale roll-outs.
- Support to a target of 1,000 SMEs is expected to trigger an additional EUR 50 million in private investments for innovation in the clusters identified in the RIS³ (Agro & Food, High Tech Systems and Materials, Chemistry, Life Sciences and Health, Biobased and Logistics).
- An increase of the share of innovative SMEs which cooperate with other enterprises and knowledge institutions from 30% to 35%;
- An increase in the share of SME revenue generated by new products (from 5,4% to 6%);
- Successful business cases of first application of innovative low-carbon technologies to enable larger-scale roll-outs.
- Limburg (Nl)
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 114,368,174.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
Total OP budget: 323,688,742.00 €
Total EU contribution: 114,368,174.00 €
CCI number: 2014NL16RFOP003
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOP South Netherlands ERDF 2014-2020