OP North Netherlands ERDF 2014-2020
For the period 2014-2020 a total of EUR 103,541,823 from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) has been allocated to the region of Northern-Netherlands, consisting of the provinces of Friesland, Groningen and Drenthe. These funds, in combination with additional public and private co-financing, will strengthen the region's potential for research and innovation while at the same time supporting the shift to a resource-efficient, low-carbon economy. By fostering investments in these clear and focused objectives the region contributes to the overarching EU2020 strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. These new investments will also contribute to attaining the Dutch targets set in this regard.
The region recognises the need for targeted investments, taking into account its socio-economic profile, as well as the European Council’s country-specific recommendations, overarching European and national strategies and in particular the Regional Innovation Strategy of Northern-Netherlands.
The operational programme will therefore
- promote business investment in Research and Investment (R&I); develop links and synergies between enterprises, research and development centres, knowledge institutions and the higher education sector; and encourage innovation through smart specialisation strategies;
- promote innovation in low-carbon technologies.
The Programme will focus on two main priorities:
- Increasing the Research and Innovation intensity in SMEs and improve their uptake of innovation;
- Supporting the development and testing of innovative low-carbon technology prototypes.
- Support to a target of 575 SMEs is expected to trigger an additional EUR 57 million in private investments for innovation in the selected regional clusters linked to societal challenges (1) health, demography and well-being, (2) food security, sustainable agriculture and bio-economy, (3) secure, clean and efficient energy and (4) clean, safe water supply;
- The share of innovative SMEs which cooperate with other enterprises and knowledge institutions should increase from 31% to 35%;
- Revenue created by enterprises generated from new or renewed products is expected to increase from 8% to 9%;
- An increase of the share of innovations in the region aimed at CO2 reduction.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 104,282,942.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
Total OP budget: 279,012,452.00 €
Total EU contribution: 104,282,942.00 €
CCI number: 2014NL16RFOP001
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOP North Netherlands ERDF 2014-2020