IPA CBC Greece - Albania
The cross-border cooperation programme GREECE-ALBANIA 2014-2020 will support regional cooperation among Greek and Albanian regions in the upcoming programming period. The Programme's overall objective is to "increase the standard of living of the population by promoting sustainable local development in the cross-border area ". It concentrates on priorities that are either characterized by significant cross-border effects or present a high potential for achieving added-value through cooperation.
The Programme will focus on the following priorities:
- "Promotion of the environment, sustainable transport and public infrastructure" aiming to increase the capacity of cross border infrastructure in transport, water and waste management; increase the effectiveness of environmental protection and energy-efficiency; improve the effectiveness of risk prevention and disaster management with a focus on forest fires.
- "Boosting the local economy" aiming to preserve cultural and natural resources as a prerequisite for tourism development of the cross border area and to improve cross-border capacity to support entrepreneurship, business survival and competitiveness.
- Improved capacity for emergency interventions and management in case of natural disasters especially forest fires
- Access to improved local transport infrastructures, faster connections to main corridors, efficient border crossing services, transport services using innovative technologies
- Increased visits by tourists in the cross border area, for all types of touristic activities
Total OP budget: 54,076,734.00 €
Total EU contribution: 45,965,222.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16I5CB010
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesIPA CBC Greece - Albania