IPA CBC Greece – The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
The cross-border cooperation programme Greece- the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia supports regional cooperation between Greece and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. The Programme's overall objective is to enhance territorial cohesion by improving living standards and employment opportunities holding respect to the environment and by using the natural resources for upgrading of the tourism product.
The Programme will focus on the following priorities:
- "Development and Support of Local Economy" which promotes employment and mobility of human resources as well as aims to improve health and social investments and services. It supports the protection of natural and cultural heritage in order to improve the attractiveness and encourage tourism in the cross-border area.
- "Protection of Environment - Transportation" that focuses on the improvement of public infrastructure and reduction of isolation by improved access to transport, information and communication networks and services. It promotes sustainable management, treatment and recycling of waste as well as supports sustainable management of protected areas, ecosystems and biodiversity and addresses prevention, mitigation and management of natural disasters, risks and hazards.
- Improved health and social services for the population living in the cross-border region
- Further jobs created in the tourism sector
- Improved access to local transport infrastructures, faster connections to main corridors, efficient border crossing services, transport services using innovative technologies
- Improved waste management or recycling systems
- Improved measures addressing natural risks (floods, forest fires) and environment protection
Total OP budget: 45,470,066.00 €
Total EU contribution: 38,649,552.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16I5CB009
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesIPA CBC Greece – The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia