EASTERN MACEDONIA-THRACE OP
The Programme aims to boost economic development and create job opportunities in East Macedonia and Thrace. It contributes to achieving Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, also in line with the smart specialisation strategy. It should create jobs and help SMEs to become more competitive and innovation-driven. EU funding will also contribute to meeting the requirements of the Union's acquis, in particular as regards greenhouse gas reduction in CO², solid waste and water waste management and energy efficiency.
The OP support will substantially contribute to promoting the following key EU and national development priorities:
- “Enhance the competitiveness of the local economy" (ERDF – 14% of the EU allocation): strengthen the links between R&D and enterprises, focus on the development of economic activities identified by RIS3 and enhance extroversion. Already, an EP pilot project supports the region for the implementation of its RIS3.
- “Enhance the attractiveness of the region as place to invest and live” (ERDF – 53% of the EU allocation): explore geothermy, increase of energy efficiency in buildings, address specific risks, in particular floods and coastal erosion, improve water management as well as solid waste and water waste management, promote natural and cultural heritage and reinforce accessibility in the region.
- “Human resources- Social Cohesion- ERDF” (ERDF – 18% of the EU allocation): investments in education, professional as well as in health and social care infrastructures.
- “Human resources- Social Cohesion- ESF” (ESF – 13% of the EU allocation): improving employment and skills in the areas of the regional RIS3 while improving access to employment for disadvantaged people, combatting discrimination, promoting social enterprises and access to health services.
- "Technical Assistance" (ERDF – 1,5 % and ESF – 0,5 % of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Support of more than 370 SMEs and creation of some 860 employment positions
- Cooperation of 300 enterprises with research institutes, promotion of innovation and ICT and start-ups creation
- Reduce CO² blueprint of public buildings by 9,000 tonnes, produce 36,000 tonnes/year of geothermy and add 10,000 tonnes of waste in the recycling process
- Increase by 2,000/year expected visitors in the region and construct or upgrade 80 km of roads
- Cover 250,000 additional inhabitants with improved healthcare services and increase capacity of supported childcare or education infrastructure by 4,000 people
- Support some 55 social enterprises and benefit some 5,000 disadvantaged persons with health and social care services
- Promote Roma integration through Integrated Territorial Investments
- Anatoliki Makedonia, Thraki
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 352,936,804.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 53,254,664.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 507,739,340.00 €
Total EU contribution: 406,191,468.00 €
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP014
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesEASTERN MACEDONIA-THRACE OP