This OP aims to:
- help reverse the decline of the region's productive base and gradually restructure it by enhancing high added value and low environmental impact sectors, aiming at creating jobs, enhancing extroversion, innovation and the smart use of ICT through promoting and integrating innovation, utilising ICT, creating business supporting structures and mechanisms.
- improve the attractiveness of the region as a place to live and attracting investments through the protection and the sustainable management of the environment and promoting climate change adaptation and the harmonisation with the European environmental acquis.
- ensure social cohesion through interventions. The goal is to create a framework of protection and support for vulnerable groups and to mitigate factors exacerbated by the crisis that lead to poverty and social exclusion parts of the region’s population. Interventions focus on the integration / reintegration in the labour market of targeted groups with the biggest problems, improving access to welfare and health services and promoting equal opportunities also through the creation of educational and health infrastructure.
The OP support will substantially contribute to promoting following key EU and national development priorities:
- "Reinforcement of mechanisms and investments by SMEs of the Attica region in research and innovation" (ERDF – 2.6% of the EU allocation): enhance the links between enterprises and research institutions and increase business investment in R&D, by an estimated 64%, in sectors identified through the region's smart specialisation strategy (RIS3).
- "Dissemination and development of innovative products and services of SMEs through the use of ICT" (ERDF – 3.5% of the EU allocation): promote the use of ICT by the SMEs and enhance the use of ICT in e-government, e-learning, e-inclusion, e-culture and e-health.
- "Reinforcement of the competitiveness and extroversion of SMEs — Improving the attractiveness of the Attica region for investments and promoting innovative entrepreneurship" (ERDF – 11.6% of the EU allocation): support SMEs and especially new SMES by supporting clusters and incubators, providing capital and financing for restructuring and modernisation investment plans, support SME's extroversion.
- "Promotion of energy efficiency, of RES usage and of cogeneration and promotion of low-carbon emissions in urban areas" (ERDF – 6.9% of the EU allocation): actions to increase energy efficiency especially in the business and public sector and in a limited number of private houses in the context of urban regeneration actions. Pilot action for the cogeneration of heat and power in public buildings.
- "Promotion of climate change adaptation and of risk prevention and management" (ERDF – 8.4% of the EU allocation): anti-flood works and enhancement of fire and civil protection mechanisms, limited intervention in NATURA 2000 areas.
- "Improving the quality of life in the urban environment" (ERDF – 13.6% of the EU allocation): harmonization with the European environmental acquis in waste water management, recycling actions concerning solid waste management and installations in small islands, pilot actions for bio waste, water supply networks, protection of cultural and natural heritage, Integrated Territorial Investments for sustainable urban development.
- "Enhancing regional mobility and multi-modal transport connections of the Attica region" (ERDF – 14.7% of the EU allocation): enhance the position of the port of Piraeus in the cruise ships system in the Mediterranean Sea (creation of 2 berths for cruise ships in Piraeus port) in accordance with the partnership agreement, enhancement of road safety should be increased, extension of TRAM lines and completion of roads connections to the TEN-T network are planned.
- "Promotion of skills development and of human resources adaptability in the sectors of the regional smart specialisation strategy" (ESF –1.9% of the EU allocation).
- "Promotion of social inclusion and combating poverty and discrimination — safeguarding social cohesion" (ESF –23.3% of the EU allocation): targeted support should be provided to social and health structures, as well as access to employment of disadvantaged groups, including long term unemployed, and promotion of social and economic inclusion of marginalised communities, such as the ROMA and homeless people, promotion of equal opportunities, support for social enterprises.
- "Development — upgrading of targeted social infrastructures and health infrastructures" (ERDF –5.8% of the EU allocation): investments in social and health services infrastructure in disadvantaged areas.
- "Development — upgrading of targeted educational infrastructures" (ERDF –5.8% of the EU allocation): investments in educational and lifelong learning infrastructure.
- "Technical Assistance" (ERDF – 1,4 % and ESF – 0,5 % of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- 250 businesses to link effectively with research institutions through supported mechanisms
- 2.490 full time equivalent jobs to be created
- 4.720 SMEs to receive support
- 270 public buildings and 1700 households to receive support in order to improve energy efficiency
- Reduction of 20.600 equivalent tonnes of CO2 emissions
- 385.000 more people protected by anti-flood works
- 65,000 more people serviced by Waste Water Treatment Facilities
- 85,000 more people with access to high quality drinking water
- 120,000 more visitors in the supported cultural and natural heritage site
- Creation or renovation of 2,000,000m2 of open space in urban areas
- 5.5 km of new TRAM lines
- Support for: 13,000 long term unemployed, 17,300 disadvantaged people, 5.500 people from marginalised groups
- 115,000 people covered by a Health Safety Net
- Support for 265 social enterprises
- 450 places in supported child care facilities
- 150,000 people covered by improved health services
- 2,000 people covered by other social structure
- Increase in the percentage of the population covered by educational infrastructure from 94% to 98%.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 678,314,113.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 233,659,463.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 1,139,966,974.00 €
Total EU contribution: 911,973,576.00 €
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP012
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesATTICA OP