The Programme aims to boost economic development and create job opportunities in Peloponnesus. It contributes to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, also in line with the smart specialisation strategy. It should create jobs and help SMEs to become more competitive and innovation-driven. EU funding will also contribute to meet the requirements of the Union's acquis, in particular as regards waste water treatment and the increase of solid waste recycling, and increase energy efficiency.
The OP support will substantially contribute to promoting following key EU and national priorities :
- "Reinforcement of competitiveness, attractiveness and extroversion of the Region (especially of SMEs) and transition to a qualitative entrepreneurship with focus on innovation and on an increased regional added-value" (ERDF – 15% of the EU allocation).
- "Development and optimisation of the use of human resources skills - Active social integration (ESF -25 %): Promoting sustainable employment and social inclusion and combating poverty and discriminations.
- “Infrastructures for the support of human resources” (ERDF – 9%).
- "Environmental protection -transition to an environmental friendly economy" (ERDF – 22%).
- "Development- modernisation- completion of infrastructures for the economic and social development" (ERDF – 27%).
- "Technical Assistance" (ERDF – 1.5% and ESF 0.5 % of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Support of more than 195 SMEs and cooperation of more than 40 enterprises with research institutions
- Creation of 100 full time equivalent jobs
- Additional solid waste recycling capacity to reach at 1,500 tonnes year while recycling share should increase from 5% to 9%
- Improved water supply to additional 13,000 persons and solid waste treatment to additional 3,341 persons
- By investing in education, 7,750 pupils and 1,150 students should directly benefit. In parallel, improved health and social care services can be provided to 50,000 people.
- Year reduction in CO² 120 tonnes equivalent
- Support of 250 micro and small enterprises including social ones while 600 long-term unemployed and 10,000 belonging to vulnerable groups should benefit of the programme
- Newly built and upgraded sections of roads are expected to reach respectively 28 km and 32 km.
- In supported cultural and natural sites visits can increase from 360,000 to 500,000 by year.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 160,803,272.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 55,470,599.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 270,342,339.00 €
Total EU contribution: 216,273,871.00 €
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP008
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesPELOPONNESUS OP