CONTINENTAL GREECE OP
The Programme aims to contribute to the strategic vision of the region to achieve a balanced economic and social development of the region by improving the entrepreunerial and investment environment while respecting the environment and the citizen. Priorities set by the region include support to technological and innovative entrepreneurship, based on the investment opportunies identified by the regional smart specialisation strategy, adaptability of the workforce to the development requirements of the region, sustainable development and re-organisation of the industrial zones, energy efficiency and the sustainability of energy supply to the region.
The OP support will substantially contribute to promoting following key EU and national development priorities:
- " Reinforcement of research, technological development and innovation" (ERDF – 2,92% of EU allocation): increase research potential and private investments in research and development, and provide support to increase investment of private RDI.
- "Enhancing access to, use and quality of ICT" (ERDF – 2,92 % of EU allocation): boosting ICT use by the citizens and the SMEs.
- "Enhancing the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises" (ERDF – 8,75% of EU allocation).
- "Supporting the shift to a low-carbon economy in all sectors " (ERDF – 7,68% of EU allocation): promote energy efficiency in public and private housing and improve regional urban mobility with a view to promote low-carbon economy.
- "Promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management" (ERDF – 6,85 % of EU allocation): promote climate change adaptation by investing in flood protection and coastal erosion as well as by reinforcing civil protection.
- "Protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency" (ERDF -6,85 % of EU allocation): improve water quality and rational management of waste water.
- "Promoting sustainable transport and removing bottlenecks in key network infrastructures" (ERDF - 27,76% of EU allocation): invest in secondary and tertiary TEN-T connections, support gas networks to face the challenges of demand and supply by coverage with natural gas networks in urban and business parks where previously no such networks exist.
- "Promoting sustainable and quality employment and supporting labour mobility" (ESF – 1,63 % of EU allocation): invest in supporting business plans for enterprises of social character and in measures to promote adaptation of business and labour force.
- "Promoting social inclusion and combatting poverty" (ERDF – 6,5% of EU allocation): invest in social and healthcare infrastructure to improve access to and quality of services, making use as well of the CLLD tool.
- "Promoting social inclusion and combatting poverty" (ESF – 19,8% of EU allocation): 2.800 unemployed, including long-term unemployed and around 800 person coming from marginalised groups are expected to receive support in order to improve access to employment for disadvantaged persons and combat any kind of discrimination.
- "Investing in education, training for skills and lifelong training" (ERDF – 6,5% of EU allocation): upgrade educational infrastructure with emphasis on preschool education and vocational and life-long training.
- "Technical Assistance" (ERDF 1.44% and ESF 0.40 % of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Support more than 450 SMEs
- Assist the creation of 120 social enterprises
- Creation of at least 375 full time equivalent new jobs
- Extend the supply of natural gas to additional 170,000 users
- Attract an additional number of 20.000 visitors per year
- 2.800 unemployed, including long-term unemployed and around 800 person coming from marginalised groups are expected to receive support in order to improve access to employment for disadvantaged persons and combat any kind of discrimination.
- Sterea Ellada
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 76,102,044.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 31,767,244.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 215,738,576.00 €
Total EU contribution: 107,869,288.00 €
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP007
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesCONTINENTAL GREECE OP