WESTERN MACEDONIA OP
The Programme aims to boost economic development and create job opportunities in West Macedonia. It contributes ito achieving Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, also in line with the smart specialisation strategy. It should create jobs and help SMEs to become more competitive and innovation-driven. EU funding will also contribute to meeting the requirements of the Union's acquis, in particular as regards greenhouse gas reduction in CO² and increase energy efficiency.
The OP support will substantially contribute to promoting the following key EU and national development priorities:
- "Strengthening research, technological development and innovation" (ERDF – 3.13% of EU allocation).
- "Enhancing access to, and use and quality of, ICT" (ERDF – 3.13% of EU allocation).
- "Enhancing competitiveness of SMEs" (ERDF – 9.40 % of EU allocation).
- "Supporting the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors" (ERDF – 8.26% of EU allocation).
- "Promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management" (ERDF – 7.36% of EU allocation.
- "Preserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency" (ERDF – 18.48 % of EU allocation).
- "Promoting sustainable transport and removing bottlenecks in key network infrastructures" (ERDF – 16.34% of EU allocation).
- "Promoting sustainable and quality employment and supporting labour mobility" (ESF – 0.53% of EU allocation).
- "Promoting social inclusion, combating poverty and any discrimination - ERDF" (ERDF – 7.03% of EU allocation).
- "Promoting social inclusion, combating poverty and any discrimination - ESF" (ESF – 6.44 % of EU allocation).
- "Investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning" (ERDF – 18.06 % of EU allocation.
- "Technical Assistance" (ERDF – 1.71 % and ESF – 0.13 % of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Support of more than 240 SMEs and promotion of cooperation with research institutions
- 50% additional population should benefit from e-government services
- Creation of 200 new full time equivalent employment positions
- 60 public buildings should receive support for energy efficiency and annual greenhouse gas emissions reduction of 5,550 CO² tons is expected.
- Improved anti-flood measures and waste treatment infrastructure for additional 2,.000 inhabitants and additional 95,000 from forest fire prevention measures
- Protect additional 60,000ha Natura sites and cover 24,000 additional inhabitants by waste treatment infrastructure
- Cover more than 70,000 additional people by improved healthcare services and some 12,800 disadvantaged citizens by “Health Safety Net” actions
- The construction of 6.7 km of new road and 40 km of road upgrade should be supported
- 4,500 more people should benefit from measures improving education infrastructure.
- Dytiki Makedonia
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 245,794,494.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 18,795,693.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 330,737,741.00 €
Total EU contribution: 264,590,187.00 €
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP006
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesWESTERN MACEDONIA OP