The Programme aims to contribute to realising the vision of the Region to make Epirus a place worth living; competitive and outward-looking. By boosting investment in areas where the region has a competitive advantage, tackling unemployment, promoting social inclusion and equal opportunities it also contributes to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. It is expected to support SMEs to become more competitive and innovation-driven and create job opportunities. It will also invest in areas such as waste water treatment helping Greece to meet the requirements of the Union's acquis, and increasing energy efficiency.
The OP support will substantially contribute to promoting the following key EU and national development priorities:
- "Reinforcement of regional competitiveness by promoting innovation and ICT" (ERDF – 13.43% of EU allocation): increase research potential and private investments in research and development, promote innovation and turnover of SMEs, particularly in the dynamic sectors of the region, reinforce digital entrepreneurship and e-governance for businesses and citizens.
- "Environmental protection and sustainable development" (ERDF – 40.16 % of EU allocation): increase energy efficiency in public / private buildings, reduce the energy footprint of urban centres, invest in the water and waste water sector, promote natural and cultural heritage.
- "Improving transport infrastructure" (ERDF – 22.82 % of EU allocation): invest in TEN-T road network and enhance regional mobility mainly through secondary and tertiary connections to TEN-T.
- "Reinforcement of educational, health and social infrastructure" (ERDF– 8.88 % of EU allocation): improve access and use of health, social and educational infrastructures.
- "Enhancing human resources, social inclusion and social care" (ESF – 12.87 % of EU allocation): improve access to employment and health for disadvantaged people, reduce brain drain, promote social inclusion and combat poverty.
- "Technical Assistance” (ERDF 1.6 % and ESF 0.6 % of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Support of more than 270 SMEs
- Increase of private RDI spending by 20%
- Creation of at least 260 full time equivalent jobs
- Improved water supply to additional 14,000 persons and waste water treatment to additional 30,000 persons
- Reduce GHG emission by 5,270 tonnes of CO²eq annually
- More than 4,000 disadvantaged persons will benefit from measures of active inclusion to labour markets
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 226,500,790.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 34,176,723.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 325,846,893.00 €
Total EU contribution: 260,677,513.00 €
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP004
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesEPIRUS OP