Interreg V-A - France-Germany-Switzerland (Rhin supérieur/Oberrhein)
The cooperation programme Interreg V-A France - Germany - Switzerland (Rhin supérieur - Oberrhein) addresses the most important cross-border challenges linked to the implementation of the Europe 2020 strategy in the Upper Rhine region.
Strategically, within the axis "Smart Growth" the programme contributes to a strengthened cross-border regional innovation capacity as well as to an increased cooperation of small and medium-sized enterprises and research and development sector across borders.
At the same time, within the axis "Sustainable Growth", the programme foresees actions aiming at improving the protection of plant and animal species, reducing the environmental impact of the economic development and increasing the share of transport of people and goods with a lower environmental impact.
Within the axis "Inclusive growth" the programme envisages support for projects promoting cross-border employment and development of strategic economic sectors in the Upper Rhine region.
Finally, within the axis "Territorial cohesion" the programme plans actions targeting the development and improvement of cross-border public services and the enhancement of the identification of citizens with the Upper Rhine region.
The programme will focus on the following four priorities:
1. Smart growth – making the Upper Rhine border area a region of knowledge and innovation that is competitive internationally.
2. Sustainable growth – promoting development that respects the environment, the economy and the mobility of the Upper Rhine border area.
3. Inclusive growth - promoting employment in the Upper Rhine border area.
4. Territorial Cohesion - promoting cross-border cooperation between administrations and citizens in the Upper Rhine border area.
Some of the expected results
- Strengthen the cross-border use of research infrastructures.
- Improve the quality of surface water and groundwater in the Upper Rhine border area.
- Increase the share of renewable energy consumption in the Upper Rhine border area.
- Improve the offer of transport systems with low environmental impact.
- Increase the number of SMEs conducting cross- border activities.
- A better integration of the border labour market.
- Improve the quality of cross-border services of administrations and institutions in the Upper Rhine border area.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 109,704,965.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
Total OP budget: 210,615,695.00 €
Total EU contribution: 109,704,965.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB039
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - France-Germany-Switzerland (Rhin supérieur/Oberrhein)