OP Rheinland-Pfalz ERDF 2014-2020
The Programme is directed to „achieve a sustainable, qualitative and environmental compatible growth by improving the capacity for innovation, competitiveness and resource efficiency, especially of medium-sized enterprises and thereby to focus especially on climate protection and turnaround in energy policy“.
Development needs and challenges derived within the Operational Programme in innovation, competitiveness of SMEs and reduction of emissions of greenhouse gases show high compliance with the objectives of the Europe 2020-strategy.
Rheinland-Pfalz has broadly involved a number of actors from the economy, research, education and civil society in the preparation of the programme.
The Programme will focus on three main priorities:
- Strengthening research, technological development and innovation
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs
- Supporting the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors.
These priorities / thematic objectives have been transferred to 3 priority axes, below which 6 investment priorities are grouped with 7 specific objectives.
On the basis of the regional innovation strategy, innovative operations and targeted application-oriented research infrastructure will be supported and the transfer of knowledge and technology be improved. The framework conditions for technology-oriented creations of enterprises and young enterprises in the seed and growth period shall be improved.
Some of the expected results:
- Supporting 260 enterprises in research and innovation
- Supporting 77 enterprises cooperating with research and development centres
To fulfil the specific objective „Improvement of the competitiveness of SMEs for the maintenance of existing and creation of new jobs in the structurally weaker parts of the country“ investment in setting-up, extension and modernisation of permanent establishments will be promoted. Further specific objective is aiming at a wider opening of the tourism potential in Rheinland-Pfalz with regard to persons with mobility and sensory impairments and by this means meet the requirements of target groups, which have been modified by demographic change.
These investments should induce a. o. the creation of
- 366 new jobs in 208 supported SMEs
Regarding climate protection, areas for action are being addressed, which are directed towards increase of energy efficiency and reduction of carbon dioxide emissions. Thus, the specific efforts formulated within the National Reform Programme for the increase of energy efficiency as a means to reduce greenhouse gas emissions on one hand and also as a factor of competitiveness of enterprises, are being supported. A practical implementation of low-carbon and energy efficient technologies within enterprises as well
as on local government level and impulses from networks and clusters should lead to a reduction of energy consumption and hereby to a carbon dioxide reduction.
Some of the expected results:
- By developing and implementing of integrated CO2 reduction strategies 24 communes will be supported
- Promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy use in 282 supported enterprises
- Implementation of 45 pilot and demonstration projects
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 186,025,744.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
Total OP budget: 551,597,682.00 €
Total EU contribution: 186,025,744.00 €
CCI number: 2014DE16RFOP010
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOP Rheinland-Pfalz ERDF 2014-2020