OP Hessen ERDF 2014-2020
The Programme aims to foster economic growth in Hessen and to contribute to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. It aims to strengthen research and innovation, create jobs and boost productivity, particularly in small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), reduce CO2 emissions in the region and support integrated concepts for sustainable urban development.
Hessen involves a wide number of actors from different spheres, including the economy, research, education and civil society, from the early stages of programme development throughout its implementation. Selected cities and regions will carry out projects in line with integrated city development concepts, with verifiable impact for economic, social and ecological revitalisation.
Hessen will continue its established approach to select projects through competitions to finance the best operations. The selection procedure will be transparent and the applications will mostly be evaluated by independent experts.
The Programme will focus on four main priorities:
- Strengthening of research, technological development and innovation
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs
- Support for the reduction of CO2 emissions
- Sustainable urban development
On the basis of Hessen's innovation strategy, innovative operations and targeted application-oriented research infrastructure will be supported and the transfer of knowledge be improved.
- Approx. 80 new enterprises in research and innovation will be created
Measures to boost the competitiveness of the economy should induce the creation of
- 400 new jobs in supported SME
Innovative measures targeted at SME to reduce CO2 emissions will be funded, pilot projects for the reduction of CO2 emissions will be initiated and the expansion of climate-friendly technologies and energy efficiency be supported. The programme's target is to
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 12,600 tons
Selected cities will be upgraded in certain districts which will improve the quality of life in the cities of the region. The programme will provide support for
- the realisation of 12 sustainable urban development projects for the revitalisation of cities.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 240,723,366.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
Total OP budget: 481,446,732.00 €
Total EU contribution: 240,723,366.00 €
CCI number: 2014DE16RFOP007
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOP Hessen ERDF 2014-2020