OP Bremen ERDF 2014-2020
The Programme aims to contribute to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. Around 50% of the available funding will support innovation. The programme also increases investments in SMEs, supports start-ups and finances projects in deprived neighbourhoods. 20% of the funding aims to support the move towards a low carbon economy. EU funding will be targeted according to the unique strengths and development needs of the Bremen region.
The Programme will focus on four main priorities:
- Improve Research & Development and Innovation in Bremen
- Diversify and modernise the economy
- Foster Energy and resource efficiency in the economy and through urban development strategies
- Sustainable integrated urban development in deprived neighbourhoods
Innovation has played and will play a major role in Bremen. The operational programme supports the existing high quality fields of the innovation strategy in research facilities. Moreover, investments are induced in enterprises to boost research capacities. In this context there will be funding for the:
- Creation of app. 300 new jobs for researchers
Small and medium enterprises are the backbone of Bremen’s economy. To modernise these enterprises and increase their level of investment the ERDF will offer funding to:
- Support 125 existing enterprises
- Support 76 technology oriented start-ups
Regarding climate protection, areas for action are being addressed, which will increase energy efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions in Bremen. This will be achieved in Bremen by addressing energy efficiency measures in enterprises. Furthermore, integrated strategies in a number of urban areas in the Land Bremen will be started.
- Reduce CO2 emission equivalents by app. 10.000 T p.a.
Following the Europe2020 strategy’s inclusion objective, the Bremen authorities will select two deprived areas to tackle persisting obstacles for inclusion in these districts. The support of small scale local economy, the improvement of education facilities, measures of urban regeneration and the involvement of local players are key aspects of this approach.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 103,021,352.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 206,042,704.00 €
Total EU contribution: 103,021,352.00 €
CCI number: 2014DE16RFOP005
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOP Bremen ERDF 2014-2020