Interregional programme Rhône 2014-2020
The ERDF interregional operational programme "Rhône-Saône" will support between 2014 and 2020 a strategy for the Rhône river basin that has been defined by the French authorities for the period 2005- 2025.
Aiming at boosting the sustainable development on the territory of the basins of the two rivers Rhône and Saône, the programme intends to better manage the risk of flood, to further develop the sustainable transport of goods by the navigation and to preserve the natural and cultural heritage of the Rhone basin.
The programme concerns five regions: Rhône-Alpes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, Languedoc-Roussillon, Bourgogne and Franche-Comté.
The interregional operational ERDF programme Rhône-Saône 2014-2020 is organized around three strategic priorities:
- To increase resilience of territories to flood risk
- To support sustainable navigation
- To preserve biodiversity and ecological continuity and to promote the natural and cultural heritage
- Make 66% of the population aware of the risks of flood and support 110 entities investing in prevention of flood risk
- Increase the volume of goods transported by the navigation on the two rivers from 14% 2004 to 48% in 2020 and improve 600 km of waterways
- 200 hectares receiving support to achieve better state of conservation of natural habitats
- Creation of 522 km of bicycle routes
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 33,000,000.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
Total OP budget: 66,000,000.00 €
Total EU contribution: 33,000,000.00 €
CCI number: 2014FR16RFOP005
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterregional programme Rhône 2014-2020