Interregional programme Massif Central 2014-2020
The ERDF interregional operational programme 'Massif central' plans to concentrate community funding on the implementation of a strategy to promote the Massif Central’s endogenous resources (natural and human), in order to achieve the major challenge identified in the assessment, that of boosting the area's appeal.
This intervention strategy promotes a new beginning for the Massif Central's development¸ reinventing and asserting the area's approach to intelligent growth, which should be both sustainable and inclusive. Six regions are covered by this programme, including both transition regions and more developed regions: Bourgogne, Midi-Pyrénées, Limousin, Rhône-Alpes, Auvergne and Languedoc-Roussillon.
Approximately 30% of the budget for this programme will focus on measures for adjusting to climate change.
The programme will concentrate on three main priorities:
- The preservation and development of the Massif Central's natural resources
- Realisation of the economic potential of the Massif Central's timber industry
- The promotion of new development initiatives led by the Massif Central regions
- 66% of open grassy areas will be ranked as being of high natural agricultural value
- 3 000 hectares will benefit from support to achieve a better level of conservation (natural habitats)
- 50% of pilot projects will be economically viable by the end of the programme (to target economic decline by improving the Massif Central’s environmental facilities )
- Creation of 15 outdoor hubs through the implementation of an action plan to develop outdoor tourist attractions
- 1000 timber businesses will benefit from non financial support.
- 50 experimental initiatives led by the regions
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 40,000,000.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
Total OP budget: 82,000,000.00 €
Total EU contribution: 40,000,000.00 €
CCI number: 2014FR16RFOP003
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterregional programme Massif Central 2014-2020