Regional programme Martinique Conseil Régional 2014-2020
The ERDF-ESF Programme for Martinique aims to boost economic growth and contribute to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. It will help the region to increase growth and employment, through increasing the regional innovation capacity, the competitiveness of the private sector, the ICT connectivity, the social inclusion and the territorial cohesion. More than one third of the overall budget is allocated to research, innovation, competitiveness of SME, ICT and to energy transition. Also, more than 13% of the budget will be allocated to lifelong training actions focused on the less skilled people.
The Programme will focus on the following priorities:
- Rising investments and efforts in applied research and increasing the innovation capacity of regional businesses, in accordance with the fields identified in the Smart Specialisation Strategy;
- Increasing the size of companies and their durability
- Improving broadband access as a factor of competitiveness and social inclusion;
- Improving energy efficiency and offering better public transport;
- Improving water and waste management and prevention
- Offering more and better social, health and educational infrastructure to local population
- Lifelong learning measures will improve the skills of the poorly-qualified people, with a focus on young people from disadvantaged or marginalised groups. Training will help people acquire new skills and upgrade existing ones.
- Reducing additional costs for SMEs and in the transport sector due to the remoteness of the region
Expected impacts (by 2023)
- Offering new access to ICT services to more than 100.000 households.
- To increase by 30 MW the production of renewable energy.
- To help to more than 2400 enterprises in their investments plans.
- To increase by more than 30,000 tons the waste treatment capacity
- To finance around a hundred of tourist development areas
- To create more than 2,000 square meters of spaces to host deprived elderly persons.
- To increase job chances of more than 3,500 disadvantaged unemployed people
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 445,101,522.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 70,826,783.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 1,115,751,695.00 €
Total EU contribution: 520,951,695.00 €
CCI number: 2014FR16M0OP011
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesRegional programme Martinique Conseil Régional 2014-2020