Interreg V-A - Poland-Denmark-Germany-Lithuania-Sweden (South Baltic)
The Cooperation programme addresses some of the important cross-border challenges which are linked to the implementation of Europe 2020 in coastal regions of the participating member states.
A strong focus of the programme is on environmental measures, including investments in green technologies to reduce the pollutions discharges into the Baltic Sea. The programme will also support natural and cultural heritage in order to further develop sustainable tourism in the region. The cooperation programme will also support SMEs with regard to internationalisations and transfer of innovation, and will support cross-border labour mobility. It will also help to make transport service in the South Baltic region more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Actions in these key areas will be complemented by efforts to foster the cooperation capacity of local actors through participation in cross-border networks.
The programme will develop and implement joint solutions for joint problems. Investments in infrastructure will be small-scale and in many cases of a pilot nature.
The programme will make a significant contribution to the implementation of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region.
The Programme will focus on four main priorities:
- Strengthening international activeness and innovation capacity of the south Baltic blue and green economy
- Exploiting the environmental and cultural potential of the South Baltic area for the blue and green growth
- Improving cross-border connectivity for a functional blue and green transport area
- Boosting human resource capacities for the area's blue and green economy
- Improve the cooperation capacity of local South Baltic area actors through participation in cross-border networks
- Increased presence of blue and green sector SMEs from the South Baltic area in international markets; increased innovation capacity of blue and green sector SMEs.
- Increased use of green technologies, decrease of pollution discharges into the Baltic Sea, better developed and more attractive destinations for sustainable tourism, more visitors to the region.
- Improved and more environmentally sustainable passenger and intermodal cargo services in the South Baltic area.
- Better prepared labour force for workplaces in blue and green sector companies.
- More involvement of the local community actors in cross-boder cooperation networks.
- Småland med öarna
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 82,978,784.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
Total OP budget: 102,934,671.00 €
Total EU contribution: 82,978,784.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB013
Ministry of Infrastructure and Development of Poland - Territorial Cooperation Department
ul. Wspólna 2/4
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - Poland-Denmark-Germany-Lithuania-Sweden (South Baltic)