The Programme aims to boost economic growth in the region and to contribute to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. Through investments that will support the knowledge economy, SMEs and the transition towards a low carbon economy, It should create jobs and boost productivity. EU funding will be targeted according to the unique strengths and development needs of the region.
The programme contains five priority axes and six thematic objectives, namely
- strengthening research technological development and innovation (OT1);
- enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs (OT3);
- supporting the shift towards a low carbon economy (OT4);
- promoting climate change adaptation (OT5);
- preserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency (OT6);
- promoting social inclusion, combating poverty and any discrimination (OT9).
Major financial effort, namely 90% of the total allocation, goes to RTD, SMEs and low-carbon economy, of which 40% goes to RTD. The remaining 10% of the total financial allocation goes to urban development.
Special attention is given to the development of living labs and spreading new innovative technologies through demonstration projects as well as to housing renovation to an energy-neutral level and sustainable urban mobility systems. Social inclusion is targeted with small-scale urban projects in less developed urban districts, that will have an economic leverage effect.
An integrated territorial development approach is guaranteed through three integrated territorial investments tools (ITI) which address specific territorial socio-economic problems. The means earmarked for the three ITIs represent 45% of the total allocation.
Support to be used for climate change objectives amounts to an indicative 26%.
- Increase the share of SMEs with innovative products, processes, marketing or organisations from 62 to 70% of total of SMEs
- Increase the share of turnover due to new or innovative products or services from 7.5% to 10%
- Increase the Entrepreneurial Employee Activity (EEA) from 9.40% to 12%
- Reduction of Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from housing with 5.3 ton CO2-eq and reduction of GHG emission in transport with 1 ton CO2-eq
- Renovate 1300m² of public domain in less developed urban areas
- VLAAMS GEWEST
- Limburg (B)
- Vlaams Brabant
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 175,592,099.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 435,508,941.00 €
Total EU contribution: 175,592,099.00 €
CCI number: 2014BE16RFOP002
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOP Flanders