Operational Programme 'Ile-de-France'
Programme under the Regional Competitiveness and Employment Objective co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
On 13 December 2007, the European Commission approved an Operational Programme for the Ile-de-France region of France for the period 2007-2013.
This Operational Programme comes under the Regional Competitiveness and Employment Objective and has a total budget of around 312 million euros. The funding provided by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) amounts to some 152 million euros, representing around 1.1% of Community funding to France under the 2007-2013 cohesion policy.
1. Purpose and aim of the programme
In keeping with the Community Strategic Guidelines and the national strategic reference framework, the strategy adopted for the operational programme has the following aims:
- to enable deprived urban areas to better participate in the dynamic economy of the Ile-de-France region and its investment in innovation;
- to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) tackle the challenges of innovation and competitiveness;
- to support SMEs in the key stages of their development;
- to aid sustainable development in the region;
- to contribute to implementing the inter-regional “Seine plan”;
- to use technical assistance initiatives to enable the programme to run smoothly.
2. Expected impact of the investments
In the context of urban intervention in sensitive areas (adopted following a call for projects), Community financing should help to:
- create and market between 40 and 50 technologically innovative products;
- create between 200 and 300 businesses;
- create between 400 and 600 jobs;
- reduce unemployment by 5%;
- use renewable sources of energy to produce between 4000 and 6000 tonnes of oil equivalent;
- reduce energy consumption by 280 kWh/m2 to between 30 and 100 kWh/m2.
Under the initiatives to support competitiveness, Community funding should help to:
- establish around thirty cooperation arrangements between businesses and research institutes;
- create around sixty posts for research assistants and technicians, 25% of which will be for women;
- around fifty filed patents;
- create 450 to 600 jobs for the duration of the programme, three quarters of which will be highly-qualified posts.
Under the initiatives to encourage sustainable development, Community funding should help to:
- produce 300 000 tonnes less of CO2;
- set up 70 diagnostics for sustainable development and 70 environmental management systems;
- create around 100 jobs relating to sustainable development initiatives.
Implementation of the regional development programme for the Ile-de-France region is based on five priorities:
- developing urban projects in the most deprived areas (approx. 40.5% of total investment);
- encouraging innovation and boosting the competitiveness of the economic fabric (approx. 40.5% of total investment);
- promoting the environment and sustainable development in the region and combating climate change (approx. 11% of total investment);
- helping to carry out the inter-regional “Seine plan” programme (approx. 5% of total investment);
- enabling successful implementation of the programme through technical assistance (approx. 3% of total investment).
Financial and Technical information
Operational Programme 'Ile-de-France'
Intervention TypeOperational Programme
Number of decisionC/2007/6881
Final approval date13/12/2007
Breakdown of finances by priority axis
|Priority Axis||EU Investment||National Public Contribution||Total Public Contribution|
|Developing urban projects in the most deprived areas||63 000 000||63 000 000||126 000 000|
|Encouraging innovation and boosting the competitiveness of the economic fabric in the Ile-de-France region||58 500 000||67 850 000||126 350 000|
|Promoting the environment and sustainable development in the region and combating climate change||17 500 000||17 500 000||35 000 000|
|Helping to carry out the inter-regional “Seine plan” programme||7 888 894||7 888 894||15 777 788|
|Technical assistance||4 577 876||4 577 876||9 155 752|
|Total||151 466 770||160 816 770||312 283 540|
Managing authorityPréfecture de la région Ile-de-France 5, rue Leblanc F- 75700 Paris Cedex 7
Secrétariat général pour les affaires régionales ` Laurent , FISCUS Tel. : +33 1 82524274 Web : Préfecture de la région Ile-de-France
Préfecture de la région Ile de France Secrétariat général pour les affaires régionales 29, rue Barbet de Jouy F- 75007 CEDEX Paris
Tel. : (33-1) 44 42 63 75 Fax. : (33-1) 45 55 47 02 E-mail. : firstname.lastname@example.org