The OPEN DAYS University
A set of 10-15 seminars are organised under the umbrella of the OPEN DAYS University. Here new research on regional and urban development will be debated. In this context, a selected number of renowned academics and researchers in the field of EU cohesion policy and related policy fields from different European countries will be invited to hold joint lectures and participate in moderated panels focused on the thematic priorities of the OPEN DAYS 2011.
The 'Open Days University’ programme
The programme is finalised on the basis of:
- Co-operation with international organisations and academic organisations;
- Individual applications by academics and researchers;
- Suggestions put forward by the regional partnerships and other partners.
Contact person: (Ann-Kerstin Myleus, DG REGIO)
Poster competition for early career researchers in European regional policy
The Directorate-General for Regional Policy, European Commission, and the Regional Studies Association invite early career researchers in European regional policy to present their research in the form of a poster at OPEN DAYS 2011, the European Week of Cities and Regions (10th - 13thOctober). The overall winner will get €750 and the first runner-up will get €250.
The Competition takes place in two stages:
- Stage One: Submission of a 1000 word (max) abstract and a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 17th June 2011
- Stage Two: The Competition Jury will shortlist finalists by 30 June 2011. Finalists will be invited to prepare a poster and to be prepared to take questions on their poster from the Competition Jury.
Further details are available here:
For more information on OPEN DAYS, please see the OPEN DAYS website