Poster Competition 2010
Directorate-General for Regional Policy, European Commission and the Regional Studies Association would like to invite early career researchers in European regional policy to present their research in the form of a poster at OPEN DAYS 2010 European Week of Cities and Regions (4th - 7thOctober).
The 8th OPEN DAYS – European Week of Regions and Cities will be held in Brussels. Together with the EU institutions, more than 200 regions and cites will contribute to a programme of 100 seminars, workshops, debates, exhibitions and networking opportunities for around 6,000 participants.
Shortlisted finalists will be invited to attend OPEN DAYS to showcase research via a poster.
Prize: €750 for the overall winner and €250 for the first runner-up. Accommodation for up to 2 nights and a return flight/train to Brussels will be provided.
Conditions for participation:
- Candidates must either be completing a PhD or have completed a PhD in the last 3 years;
- A CV and a short summary of research (max. 1000 words) should be sent by the 28th May 2010 to the Regional Studies Association (email: firstname.lastname@example.org );
- Candidates will be expected to prepare a poster for a special session at OPEN DAYS and be prepared to take questions from the Jury;
- More information can be found on the websites of the Regional Studies Association (www.regional-studies-assoc.ac.uk ) and the OPEN DAYS (www.opendays.europa.eu).
- Organisation / content /aim of the poster;
- Visual impact of the poster;
- Quality of answers provided.
The abstracts, posters and answers should seek to provide coherent description, to pose pertinent questions and to advance knowledge and understanding.