Special support instruments
3rd Annual Conference - JEREMIE and JESSICA: Delivering results
Organised by the Directorate-General for Regional Policy of the European Commission, in co-operation with the Polish Presidency and the European Investment Bank group.
27 October 2011 - 28 October 2011, Hotel Westin, Warsaw
Based on the most recent experience, the conference will provide updated information on how implementation of the two initiatives has been progressing throughout the European Union and will describe future prospects regarding financial instruments for the post-2013 Cohesion Policy.
- Dirk Ahner, Director-General, Directorate-General for Regional Policy, European Commission
- Elżbieta Bieńkowska, Minister of Regional Development, Poland
- Danuta Hübner, Member of European Parliament, Chairwoman of the Committee on Regional Development (REGI)
- Matthias Kollatz-Ahnen, Vice-President, European Investment Bank group
Workshop 1 (JEREMIE): "Success in supporting SMEs"
- JEREMIE State of Play in EU Member States by Rudolf Niessler, Director for Policy Coordination, Directorate-General for Regional Policy, European Commission
- Different models supporting SMEs in Poland:
- Progress in implementing financial engineering instruments in Poland – an overview by Agnieszka Dawydzik, Ministry of Regional Development, Poland
- Good experience in implementing JEREMIE – results, challenges and recommendations from a regional perspective by Radomir Matczak, Marshal Office of Pomorskie
- Holding fund for equity instruments at national level – an overview of the present activities by Piotr Gębala, National Capital Fund
- Supporting SMEs in Scotland (UK) by Pat McHugh, Scottish Enterprise
- Results in the JEREMIE implementation from a national development bank perspective by Csaba Harsányi, Hungarian Development Bank
Workshop 2 (JESSICA): "Learning from JESSICA implementation - Horizontal themes"
- JESSICA State of Play in EU Member States by Dorota Zaliwska, Head of Unit Financial Engineering, Major Projects, Directorate-General for Regional Policy, European Commission
- Guiding the design and implementation of JESSICA operations - JESSICA Horizontal Studies & Handbooks 2011 by Gianni Carbonaro, European Investment Bank
- Development of a UDF Handbook by Neal Beevers, Deloitte
- Energy-focused UDFs: Using FEIs to implement energy focused projects by Zoe Jankel, ARUP
- Housing in JESSICA operations by Fabio D’Aversa, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- First Commission decision(s) adopted: a state aid approach for future JESSICA-type measures by Christian Harringa, Directorate-General for Competition
Workshop 3 (JEREMIE): "Mobilising private sector funds"
- Attracting private sector funding by Graham Cope, European Investment Fund
- Delivering more competitive loans to SMEs using Structural Funds by Natalija Iniakina, SEB Bank Lithuania
- Implementation of JEREMIE in Malta
- Implementation of JEREMIE in Malta by Jonathan Vassallo, Office of the Prime Minister of Malta
- Implementation of JEREMIE in Malta Delivering first results by Albert Frendo, Bank of Valletta
- Implementation of JEREMIE at regional level: the case of Languedoc-Roussillon by Sébastien Massart, DIRECCTE Languedoc-Roussillon - Pôle 'Economie Entreprises Emploi' and Bruno Robino, European Investment Fund
Workshop 4 (JESSICA): "Investing Structural Funds for sustainable urban development – JESSICA implementation in Member States"
- JESSICA in Poland
- Advancing JESSICA in Poland – an overview of the implementation by Ewa Wnukowska, Ministry of Regional Development, Poland
- Responding to regional demand – the case of Zachodniopomorskie by Robert Michalski, Marshal Office of Zachodniopomorskie
- The London Green Fund by Kenroy Quellennec-Reid, Greater London Authority European Programmes Management Unit and Frank Lee, European Investment Bank
- JESSICA in Andalusia:
- The JESSICA Holding Fund Andalucía by Patricia Eguilior Arranz, Regional Ministry of Economy, Junta de Andalucía
- AC JESSICA Andalucía - The case of an equity based UDF by Juan José Clavería, AC JESSICA Andalucía S.A.
- Future market potential of JESSICA operations by Eugenio Leanza, European Investment Bank