Important legal notice
European Commission > Regional Policy > Cohesion policy Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is cohesion policy?
2. What counts as an EU region?
3. How are funds distributed between countries and regions?
4. How are projects selected for financing from the Structural Funds?
5. Who is eligible for financing from the Structural Funds?
6. What forms of expenditure are the Structural Funds supposed to assist?
7. How does Cohesion Policy help the EU meet its growth and jobs targets?
8. What happened to the old funds and programmes, such as EAGGF, FIFG, URBAN, INTERREG and ISPA? Are they still around in 2007-13?
9. What safeguards are there to prevent fraud?
10. What results does Cohesion Policy produce?
If you have any further questions, please contact the Commission's regional policy department.