The "Regions for Economic Change" initiative hosts its annual conference to help exchange good practice and results in areas closely linked with the Lisbon Strategy for Growth and Jobs:
- [23 - 24 June 2011] Fostering Smart and Sustainable Growth in Cities and Regions Europe's regions and cities are being called on to make a decisive contribution to the smart, sustainable and inclusive growth objectives of Europe 2020. Drawing on the recent Commission communications on smart and sustainable growth this year's edition of the Regions for Economic Change conference will present and discuss a range of key tools and networks and highlight excellent projects and initiatives from cities and regions to stimulate policy learning and demonstrate the key contribution of regional policy to economic modernisation and the Europe 2020 goals.
- [20 - 21 May 2010] Building Sustainable Growth in Brussels.
The conference will have three main themes: a) sustainable energy; b) sustainable ICT solutions and c) greening Europe's cities. It will include political discussions of key priorities, as well as in-depth exchanges of policy challenges and good practice.
- [16 - 17 February 2009] Regions For Economic Change - Networking for results in Brussels. This event will focus on how European and its instruments can help regions to learn from one another and translate network outputs into action through mainstream policy and programmes.
- [25 - 26 February 2008] Regions For Economic Change - Sharing excellence in Brussels. This event will focus on how European regional policy and its instruments can help regions to learn from one another and translate network outputs into action through mainstream policy and programmes.
- [7 - 8 March 2007] Fostering competitiveness through innovative technologies, products and healthy communities in Brussels. The event will showcase examples of good practice and governance in European regional policy in the fields of technological innovation, market development for new products and services and the improvement of quality of life of the citizens.
- [25 - 26 January 2007] Regional policy responses to demographic challenges in Brussels. It will demonstrate how European regional policy and its instruments allow European regions to respond to demographic challenges and it will showcase examples of best practice.
- [12 - 13 June 2006] Innovating through EU regional policy which took place in Brussels and focused on examining best practices as regards fostering knowledge transfer, innovation and clusters, with particular attention to those strategies and projects which have succeeded in less prosperous regions.