Urban Forum 2012
Agenda and Presentations
Welcome and opening
- Johannes Hahn, European Commissioner for Regional Policy :
"Integrated strategies and funding for urban development: the new regulations".
- Carsten Hansen, Danish Minister for Housing, Urban and Rural Affairs.
Moderator: Jacki Davis, Analyst on European Union affairs.
First thematic panel : Europe 2020 and the challenge of coordinating thematic investments in cities and promoting integrated urban development.
- Jan Olbrycht, Member of the European Parliament.
- Mayors of 5 cities: Dunkerque, Michel Delebarre, chairman of the Committee of the
Regions' COTER Commission; Sofia, Jordanka Fandakova; Naples, Luigi de Magistris; Warsaw, Hanna Gronkiewicz Waltz, Eurocities vice-President; Lisbon, António Luís dos Santos da Costa, CEMR Executive President.
Second thematic panel: Innovative actions for sustainable urban development.
- Connie Hedegaard , European Commissioner for Climate Action.
- Veronica Gaffey , Acting Director, DG Regional Policy, European Commission.
- Mayors of 3 cities: Amsterdam, Eberhard van der Laan ; Manchester, Sir Richard Leese, Leader of Manchester City Council; Bratislava, Milan Ftáčnik.
Third thematic panel: Integrated Territorial Investments: How may it work for fostering the urban dimension of cohesion policy?
- Mercedes Bresso , President of the Committee of the Regions.
- Rudolf Niessler , Director, DG Regional Policy, European Commission.
- Mayors of 5 cities: Leipzig, Burkhard Jung ; Barcelona, Xavier Trias ; Turin, Piero Fassino; Łódź, Hanna Zdanowska; Roubaix, René Vandierendonck, Vice-President of Lille Métropole.
- Nicholas Martyn, Deputy Director-General for Regional Policy : " Towards green, inclusive and smart cities: Paving the way for sustainable cities of tomorrow."