2nd Annual forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region, Bucharest, 28-29 October 2013
High-Level Event follow-up , Kosice, Slovakia - 21-23 May 2013
The EU and the Member States share the responsibility on improving of the marginalised Roma community situation and as a part of its efforts to promote the use of EU funds for the Roma integration, the European Commission organized in May 2011 an event at high political level in Bratislava and Košice. The High Level Event (HLE) pointed out the imperative of speeding up the inclusion of Roma communities in all areas of life, including housing, education, employment, health, among others, drawing attention to the important human, social and also economic consequences of the exclusion of Roma.
The European Commission and the Slovak Republic agreed to monitor the progress in the use of the EU funds and to keep an open dialogue with all relevant stakeholders.
In this respect, the European Commission organised in May 2013, together with the Slovak Government's Plenipotentiary for Roma Communities, a High Level Event follow-up in Košice. The overall objective was to check the progress in the use of the EU Structural Funds (European Social Fund and the European Regional Development Fund) as well as the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development in addressing specific problems of Roma communities with their social inclusion.
Moreover, the conference was also focused on sharing experiences on what has worked well and what needs to be improved in the field of Roma Inclusion in view of the new programming period for the EU Structural Funds 2014-2020.
- EU and Roma
- EU policies and funding for Roma inclusion
- EU funds contributing to Roma inclusion, High-Level Event - Slovakia 23 - 25 May 2011
- Roma Inclusion and Regional Policy - Pilot project for Roma Inclusion
- ERDF website
- ERDF in Slovakia
- Roma Inclusion and Regional Policy
- ESF and the Roma
- European Social Fund
- ESF and the Roma
- The Office of the Plenipotentiary of the Government of the Slovak Republic for the Roma Communities
- The things that worked, Examples of successful activities on the level of local administration simed at improving the situation of Roma, Alexander Musinka, 2012
- Open Society Institute–Budapest
- Asociácia pre kultúru, vzdelávanie a komunikáciu /ACEC/ - non-profit organization
- Employment Institute
- EPIC - non-profit organization
- ETP - non-profit organization