Perception survey on quality of life in 79 European Cities
A survey was conducted in November 2012 to measure the local perceptions of quality of life in 79 cities. It includes cities in the 28 Member States of the European Union and cities in Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Turkey.
A number of issues such as employment, environment, housing, transport, culture, city services and immigration are addressed by this survey.
The Urban Audit
The Urban Audit is a collection of quantitative information on the quality of life in European cities.
The State of European Cities Report
The report builds on a unique collection of urban statistics. It provides in-depth analysis of gathered demographic, economic and social statistics. It exploits other available data, for example on education level, civic involvement and environment. It also provides a typology of European cities, which allows urban audit cities to find other cities with which to compare themselves .
Proceedings of the workshop "Quality of life in European Cities: facts and perceptions" - OPEN DAYS 2007 - October 11 -
- "Perceptions of quality of life in 75 European Cities: a European survey", by Corinne Hermant-de-Callataÿ (DG Regional Policy, European Commission)
- "Comparison across cities: the example of German cooperation", by Klaus Trutzel (German city network KOSIS)
- "The emotional capital and desirability of European cities", by Robert Manchin (Gallup Europe)
- "Life and Governance in European Cities", by Jan Marten De Vet and Simon Roy (ECOTEC)
- "Urbanisation and its impact on Quality of Place in Europe", by Judith Borsboom (Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency)
- "Aiming at high-quality statistical information on Urban Europe – Achievements and challenges", by Teodora Brandmüller (Eurostat, European Commission)
"The state of European cities : the Urban Audit" - Conference - Brussels, 10 June 2008
Video Webstreaming Archives :