Enter a keyword and click on Search to see results
Key Action 1: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Which Actions are supported?
This Key Action supports:
- Mobility projects in the field of education, training and youth;
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees;
- Erasmus+ Master Loans.
The Actions supported under this Key Action are expected to bring positive and long-lasting effects on the participants and participating organisations involved, as well as on the policy systems in which such activities are framed.
As regards students, trainees, apprentices, young people and volunteers, the mobility activities supported under this Key Action are meant to produce the following outcomes:
- improved learning performance;
- enhanced employability and improved career prospects;
- increased sense of initiative and entrepreneurship;
- increased self-empowerment and self-esteem;
- improved foreign language competences;
- enhanced intercultural awareness;
- more active participation in society;
- better awareness of the European project and the EU values;
- increased motivation for taking part in future (formal/non-formal) education or training after the mobility period abroad.
As regards staff, youth workers and professionals involved in education, training and youth, the mobility activities are expected to produce the following outcomes:
- improved competences, linked to their professional profiles (teaching, training, youth work, etc.);
- broader understanding of practices, policies and systems in education, training or youth across countries;
- increased capacity to trigger changes in terms of modernisation and international opening within their educational organisations;
- greater understanding of interconnections between formal and non-formal education, vocational training and the labour market respectively;
- better quality of their work and activities in favour of students, trainees, apprentices, pupils, adult learners, young people and volunteers;
- greater understanding and responsiveness to social, linguistic and cultural diversity;
- increased ability to address the needs of the disadvantaged;
- increased support for and promotion of mobility activities for learners;
- increased opportunities for professional and career development;
- improved foreign language competences;
- increased motivation and satisfaction in their daily work.
Activities supported under this Action are also expected to produce the following outcomes on participating organisations:
- increased capacity to operate at EU/international level: improved management skills and internationalisation strategies; reinforced cooperation with partners from other countries; increased allocation of financial resources (other than EU funds) to organise EU/international projects; increased quality in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and follow up of EU/international projects;
- innovative and improved way of operating towards their target groups, by providing for example: more attractive programmes for students, trainees, apprentices, young people and volunteers in line with their needs and expectations; improved qualifications of teaching and training staff; improved processes of recognition and validation of competences gained during learning periods abroad; more effective activities for the benefit of local communities, improved youth work methods and practices to actively involve young people and/or to address disadvantaged groups, etc.;
- more modern, dynamic, committed and professional environment inside the organisation: ready to integrate good practices and new methods into daily activities; open to synergies with organisations active in different social, educational and employment fields; planning strategically the professional development of their staff in relation to individual needs and organisational objectives; if relevant, capable of attracting excellent students and academic staff from all over the world.
In the long run, the combined effect of the several thousands of projects supported under this Key Action is expected to have an impact on the systems of education, training and youth in the participating countries, thus stimulating policy reforms and attracting new resources for mobility opportunities in Europe and beyond.