Policy of recruitment
Call for tenders
List of contractors
DG Human Resources
Who is who?
END OF CONTRACT / LEAVING BEFORE PENSIONABLE AGE
More info to prepare well for your departure
If you entered the service after 1 May 2004
and have completed less than 1 year of
service, you can opt for a severance grant
or transfer your pension rights.
• either opt for a severance grant worth three times the amount of the pension contributions withheld from your basic salary. Any sums paid into a national pension scheme will be deducted from the grant. You are eligible for the grant only if you have not previously transferred any pension rights to the EU institutions scheme.
Form: Severance grant
• or transfer the actuarial equivalent of your pension rights acquired in the EU institutions' scheme to a national pension scheme or to a pension scheme linked to your new employer.
Please see the arrangements for between 1 and 10 years of service for details.
Form: Personal declaration - transfer
If you leave the institutions before
normal pension age, you have to ask for the
transfer of your pension rights acquired in
the EU institution pension scheme to another
If you entered the service after 1 May 2004 as a civil servant or temporary/contractual agent and if you have not reached pension age, you must transfer the actuarial equivalent of your pension rights acquired in the EU institution pension scheme:
- either to the national scheme to which you contribute because of your new professional activity;
- or to a private insurance or a pension fund which guarantees the following conditions:
1. the capital will not be repaid;
2. monthly income from age 60 at the earliest and 66 at the latest;
3. dependents entitled to survivors' benefits;
4. transfer to another scheme or fund will be authorised only on the above conditions.
For your convenience, you can consult the
list of private pension organisations
officially respecting those four conditions
in their contracts with ex- agents of the
1. You will need to complete the
form and to send it to our functional
2. Within the following weeks, you will receive by mail documents detailing the procedure and a provisional calculation of the amount to be transferred (equal to your rights acquired under the EU institutions pension scheme).
3. Provide your new (national or private) pension fund with this official document to initiate the transfer procedure.
- At the beginning of your period of
unemployment (within 8 days)
Send the original documents relating to your application for Community unemployment allowance: application form, financial identification form, your most recent salary slip and a copy of your contracts.
- At the beginning of your period of unemployment (within 30 days)
- Register as a jobseeker with the relevant national authority in your country of residence and apply to the national authorities responsible for unemployment allowance.
- Apply for family benefits and health insurance with the relevant national authority.
- At the beginning of each month
- Fill the EC-FTCS form and join the documents relating to the national payments you have received (family allowances, sickness insurance, unemployment benefit). These documents completed by national authorities will allow us to verify your personal situation and calculate your unemployment allowance.
- For some Institutions and Agencies we
recommend you to send a copy to the unit of
your last place of employment.
Claim for Community unemployment benefit:
• Form EC-FTS: bg - cs - da - de - el - en - es - et - fi - fr - hu - it - lt - lv - mt - nl - pl - pt - ro - sk - sl - sv
• Sworn statement - to be completed only where the EC-FTCS form cannot be used (maternity leave, long-term sick leave …) : de - en - fr
• Financial identification form (if you change your bank account)
Send all your original documents to:
Unit PMO/04 «Pensions»