The EU Health Policy Platform meeting takes place in Brussels on Monday 27 November and will be live streamed. The meeting features the ceremony for the EU Health Award 2017 for NGOs promoting vaccination by Vytenis Andriukaitis, Commissioner for Health and Food Safety (@13:30). The Commissioner will congratulate all shortlisted candidates, announced at the European Health Forum Gastein on 6 October and hand over the Prizes to the final three winners.
Also on the agenda:
- Overview of key health policy activities
- Presentation of Joint Statements prepared by Thematic Networks on antimicrobial resistance, employment of people with chronic diseases, medical training and professional development for patient safety and migration & health, and discussion of next steps
- Announcement of potential topics for thematic networks to develop in the 2018 cycle
- Reports about key activities of health interest groups and their outcomes
- Presentation of the "European Health Parliament" (3rd edition)
- Overview of EU-activities to promote high vaccination levels in the population
- Presentations by the Commission on Sustainable Development Goals, State of Health in the EU country profiles and companion report, health in the Digital Single Market, health dimension of the European Pillar of Social Rights, and the Expert Panel on Health + discussion.
What is the EU Health Policy Platform?
The EU Health Policy Platform is a collaborative initiative to ease the communication between the Commission services and health stakeholders. It is aimed to be inclusive and to reflect geographical and professional diversity of the participants. The Platform provides a framework for dialogue between the Commission and stakeholders and ensures transparency in the health policy dialogue. It operates in two ways: through an IT Platform - to enable online discussion and collaboration; and through face-to-face meetings - to host targeted thematic discussions.
For more information