On 20th December 2017 the European Commission adopted the 2018 Rights, Equality and Citizenship Work Programme, thus giving green light for launching several funding initiatives, for a total budget of approximately EUR 62.3 million.
The Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme defends the rights and freedoms that people are entitled to under EU law with a total budget of EUR 439.5 million over the period 2014-2020.
In 2018 the Commission will continue to support activities and actions developed by NGOs, grass-root organisations, universities, public authorities and other organisations in the field of:
- promoting non-discrimination
- combating racism, xenophobia, homophobia and other forms of intolerance
- promoting gender equality and gender mainstreaming
- preventing violence against children, young people, women and other groups at risk
- promoting the rights of the child
- ensuring the protection of personal data in the EU
- promoting EU citizenship rights
2018 calls for proposals for operating and action grants are expected to be published by the end of January 2018 on the Participant Portal
In addition, part of the funding will be used to finance operating grants for framework partners, studies, the monitoring of legislation, information campaigns, exchange of good practices, EU Presidency conferences etc.
- 2018 REC Work Programme (603 Kb)
- Regulation (EU) No 1381/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 establishing a Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme for the period 2014 to 2020 Text with EEA relevance: