The European Commission is in the process of creating a new, unified web presence and this will replace our website. At present it can therefore not be updated, but all existing information can be consulted via the usual link.
For the time being news and updates are posted in a Newsroom, which can be reached via the website DG Justice and Consumers, Data Protection and Article 29 WP or via this link.
Composition & Structure
"The Article 29 Data Protection Working Party is composed of:
- a representative of the supervisory authority (ies) designated by each EU country;
- a representative of the authority (ies) established for the EU institutions and bodies;
- a representative of the European Commission.
The Working Party's secretariat is provided by the Commission.
Rules of procedure
- Article 30 of the Directive on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data
- Article 15 of the Directive on privacy and electronic communications
- Press release - Plenary Meeting April 2017
- Press release - Plenary Meeting February 2017
- WP29_PUBLIC AGENDA 109th Plenary, 7-8 February 2017
- Press release - Plenary meeting December 2016
The Article 29 Working Party welcomes comments on the data protection impact assessment guidelines. Such comments should be sent to the following addresses by 23 May 2017 at the latest:
Please note that, by submitting your comments, you will accept and approve the possible publication of such comments. Should these comments also contain personal data, and you do not object to the publication of such data, please include the following sentence, either at the end of your comments, or in the covering message: I/we hereby consent to the publication of personal data contained in this/the attached document.
- ADOPTED GUIDELINES
[This consultation is closed] DRAFT GUIDELINES on which the WP29 welcomes any additional comments that stakeholders may have until the end of January 2017.
Guidelines and FAQ on the right to Data Portability
Guidelines and FAQs on Data Protection Officers (DPO)
Guidelines and FAQs on the Lead Supervisory Authority
Letters, Opinions and other documents
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP re mHealth
- Privacy Shield request form under Ombudsperson mechanism
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP to ODNI re Yahoo
- Statement Revision of Regulation 45-2001
- Opinion 01/2017 on the Proposed Regulation for the ePrivacy Regulation (2002/58/EC) - wp247
- Press release - Feedback from the visit of Working Party 29 Chair, Isabelle Falque-Pierrotin, in Washington
- Press release - Visit of Working Party 29 Chair, Isabelle Falque-Pierrotin, in Washington
- Working document on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to Binding Corporate Rules - wp155rev05
- Rules of Procedure EU Centralised Body
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP DPA resources
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP to Microsoft of 15.02.2017
- Rules of Procedure for informal DPA panel
- Complaint form for commercial complaints
- Press release - Adoption of 2017 GDPR Action Plan
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP on the 5th AMLD
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP to OECD
- EU-US Privacy Shield - F A Q for European Individuals - wp246
- EU-US Privacy Shield - F A Q for European Businesses - wp245
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP on WhatsApp
- Opinion 04/2016 on European Commission amendments proposals related to the powers of Data Protection Authorities in Standard Contractual Clauses and adequacy decisions - wp241