The European Commission is in the process of creating a new, unified web presence and this will replace our website. At present it can therefore not be updated, but all existing information can be consulted via the usual link http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/documentation/opinion-recommendation/index_en.htm.
For the time being news and updates are posted in a Newsroom, which can be reached via the website DG Justice and Consumers, Data Protection and Article 29 WP or via this link http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/just/item-detail.cfm?item_id=50083.
Composition & Structure
"The Article 29 Data Protection Working Party is composed of:
- a representative of the supervisory authority (ies) designated by each EU country;
- a representative of the authority (ies) established for the EU institutions and bodies;
- a representative of the European Commission.
The Working Party's secretariat is provided by the Commission.
Rules of procedure
- Article 30 of the Directive on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data
- Article 15 of the Directive on privacy and electronic communications
Adopted guidelines on which the WP29 welcomes any additional comments that stakeholders may have until the end of January 2017. Please note that the deadline has been extended until 15th February 2017.
Guidelines and FAQ on the right to Data Portability
Guidelines and FAQs on Data Protection Officers (DPO)
Guidelines and FAQs on the Lead Supervisory Authority
- Opinion 04/2016 on European Commission amendments proposals related to the powers of Data Protection Authorities in Standard Contractual Clauses and adequacy decisions - wp 241
- EU-US Privacy Shield - F A Q for European Businesses - wp_245
- EU-US Privacy Shield - F A Q for European Individuals - wp_246
- List of companies for which the EU BCR cooperation procedure is closed
- Members' List
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP_WhatsApp
- Press release - Adoption of 2017 GDPR Action Plan
- WP29_PUBLIC AGENDA 109th Plenary, 7-8 February 2017
- Press release - Plenary Meeting February 2017
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP to OECD
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP to Microsoft
- Complaint form for commercial complaints
- Rules of Procedure for informal DPA panel
- Letter of the Chair of the ART 29 WP on the AMLD