Directive 2015/2302/EU of 25 November 2015 on package travel and linked travel arrangements was published on 11 December in the Official Journal of the European Union and will enter into force 20 days after that date.
The Member States have to transpose the new directive into their national laws by 1 January 2018 and it will be applicable from 1 July 2018.
As the effectiveness of the new rules will depend on their timely and correct transposition, the Commission attaches great importance to this process and aims to support the Member States throughout the process.
The Commission therefore organised expert meetings in Brussels to discuss questions arising in connection with the transposition.
The workshops took place at the Commission's conference centre 'Albert Borschette'.
- First workshop: 25 February 2016 Agenda - 1st workshop
- Second workshop: 13 June 2016 Agenda - 2nd workshop
- Minutes – 2nd workshop
- Third workshop: 25 October 2016 Agenda - 3rd workshop
- Minutes – 3rd workshop
- Forth workshop: 16 February 2017 Agenda - 4th workshop
- Minutes – 4th workshop
- Fifth workshop: 18 May 2017 Agenda - 5th workshop