2014-2020 EU financial framework – Partnership contracts between national governments and the Commission, operational programmes for regional development & work programmes for research are drawn up.
The Atlantic Forum process has generated possible projects for funding in an Action Plan that will support the blue economy and develop innovative ideas to face common challenges. It is now up to national governments and other bodies to select which of the Forum's proposals best match their own policy objectives and include them in their funding proposals.
Other funding sources for projects may include public-private partnerships, the European Investment Bank, public-sector and private funding sources. A strong partnership between business and the public sector will be critical in ensuring the long-term success of the Atlantic strategy.
- EU funding instruments 2014-2020 – funding for future Atlantic actions [166 KB] All available translations.
- Smart Specialisation Platform
- provides political guidance to the Forum, oversight of its mandate & approval of its objectives, process and outcomes
- high-level representatives of the EU institutions (Commission, Parliament, Committee of Regions, Economic and Social Committee) and of the 5 Atlantic countries (France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom).
- reports to the Leadership Group, reviews inputs from the Forum and helps organise stakeholder events
- representatives of the EU institutions (Commission, Parliament, Committee of Regions, Economic and Social Committee), the Atlantic countries and local authorities. Other actors may be invited as observer.
Directorate-General Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE)
- leads the Forum, in cooperation with the Directorate-General for Regional Policy (DG REGIO).
- has published a report (11 July 2012) on the EU Cohesion Policy Strategy for the Atlantic Area (2011/2310(INI)) - Committee on Regional Development - Rapporteur: Alain Cadec
Timeline of Atlantic Forum workshops 2012-2013
More information on the major Atlantic Forum workshops in the Atlantic Member States
- 21 September 2012: Horta, Portugal
- 30 October 2012: Brest, France
- 12 November 2012: Bilbao, Spain
- 24 January 2013, Cardiff, UK
- 4 – 5 March 2013, Cork, Ireland
Commissioners Hahn and Damanaki welcome endorsement of the EU Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region by Europe's leaders
The European Commission has welcomed the endorsement today by EU leaders of the new EU Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region (EUSAIR).
Blue Day, Port of Augusta, Sicily
Event organised on the 30 October by the Italian Presidency and the European Commission (with the support of the Port Authority of Augusta and the Italian Navy).
EurOCEAN 2014 - Let there be Blue Growth!
Speech by Lowri Evans at EurOCEAN 2014 - Rome, 7 October 2014