2014-2020 EU financial framework – Partnership contracts between national governments and the Commission, operational programmes for regional development & work programmes for research are drawn up.
The Atlantic Forum process has generated possible projects for funding in an Action Plan that will support the blue economy and develop innovative ideas to face common challenges. It is now up to national governments and other bodies to select which of the Forum's proposals best match their own policy objectives and include them in their funding proposals.
Other funding sources for projects may include public-private partnerships, the European Investment Bank, public-sector and private funding sources. A strong partnership between business and the public sector will be critical in ensuring the long-term success of the Atlantic strategy.
- EU funding instruments 2014-2020 – funding for future Atlantic actions [166 KB] All available translations.
- Smart Specialisation Platform
- provides political guidance to the Forum, oversight of its mandate & approval of its objectives, process and outcomes
- high-level representatives of the EU institutions (Commission, Parliament, Committee of Regions, Economic and Social Committee) and of the 5 Atlantic countries (France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom).
- reports to the Leadership Group, reviews inputs from the Forum and helps organise stakeholder events
- representatives of the EU institutions (Commission, Parliament, Committee of Regions, Economic and Social Committee), the Atlantic countries and local authorities. Other actors may be invited as observer.
Directorate-General Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE)
- leads the Forum, in cooperation with the Directorate-General for Regional Policy (DG REGIO).
- has published a report (11 July 2012) on the EU Cohesion Policy Strategy for the Atlantic Area (2011/2310(INI)) - Committee on Regional Development - Rapporteur: Alain Cadec
Timeline of Atlantic Forum workshops 2012-2013
More information on the major Atlantic Forum workshops in the Atlantic Member States
- 21 September 2012: Horta, Portugal
- 30 October 2012: Brest, France
- 12 November 2012: Bilbao, Spain
- 24 January 2013, Cardiff, UK
- 4 – 5 March 2013, Cork, Ireland
- 19/07/2016 - Enjoy sustainable seafood during your holidays
Commissioner Vella: Let's turn renewable ocean energy into a European success
The European Commission is looking to turn emerging ocean energy technologies like tidal and wave power into "another European success story", replicating the spectacular uptake of offshore wind, Commissioner Karmenu Vella has said. The Commissioner was speaking at the third annual Offshore Energy and Storage conference in Malta.
- 12/07/2016 - Blue Economy Business Awards 2016 - only 4 days left to apply