Coastal and deep sea natural resources
Place: Sociedade Amore da Patria, Horta, Faial Island, Azores, Portugal
- Programme (PDF version) [413 KB] All available translations.
- Invitation letter [101 KB] All available translations.
- Practical information [84 KB] All available translations.
- Transfers and social programme - update [63 KB] All available translations.
- Marine Biotechnology: A New Vision and Strategy for Europe [8 MB] All available translations.
- Assistance in elaboration and prospective evaluation of the Atlantic Action Plan. Draft thematic report "Coastal and deep sea natural resources" [2 MB] All available translations.
- Marine-related proposals 2007-2010 [787 KB] All available translations.
- The presentations are available on the Maritime Forum website
- Video with the presentations
|Friday 21 September|
|08:00-09:00||Registration of participants|
Opening Plenary Session
Mr Manuel Pinto de Abreu, State Secretary of the Sea, Portugal
|09:30-11.00||Theme 1 - Coastal and Deep Sea Natural Resources knowledge|
Rapporteur: Dr. Nuno Lourenço, (Portuguese Institute for Ocean and Atmosphere)
|Theme 1 Discussion with all participants|
|Parallel Session A||
Theme 2 – Mineral resources – Exploration and Exploitation
Rapporteur: Sven Petersen (Leibniz - Institute for Marine Sciences IFM – GEOMAR)
|Theme 2 Discussion with all participants|
|Parallel Session B||Theme 3 - Bio Resources – Exploration and Exploitation|
Rapporteur: Helder Silva, (University of Azores)
|Theme 3 Discussion with all participants|
|Parallel Session C||
Theme 4 - Research and Technology
Rapporteur: Koen Verbruggen (Geological Survey of Ireland)
|Theme 4 Discussion with all participants|
|Parallel Session D||Theme 5 - Access and Preservation|
Rapporteur: Ramon van Barneveld, European Commission
|Theme 5 Discussion with all participants|
|15:45-16:30||Parallel Sessions' Wrap-up
Rapporteurs 2, 3, 4, 5
|16:30-17:30||Theme 6 - Support to innovation and Entrepreneurship (Info Desk open throughout the event)|
Rapporteur: Mario Aymerich (European Investment Bank)
Theme 6 Discussion with all participants
Mr João Fonseca Ribeiro – Director-General for Maritime Policy in Portugal
Presentation - IE-UK under-water - Marine expedition to Moytirra
Green Week: webinar on funding and investing in sustainable blue projects
This webinar which will take place on June 2, will cover the major ways to fund projects in blue economy and show how project promoters can combine different funding sources (EFSI, EMFF, H2020 etc).
UNFSA Review Conference – A step forward towards the conservation and sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources
The Resumed Review Conference on the Agreement for the Implementation of the Provisions of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982 relating to the Conservation and Management of Straddling Fish Stocks and Highly Migratory Fish Stocks (UNFSA) finished last Friday after one week of intensive negotiations at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 23rd to 27th May.
Selection of members of the informal expert group on "Skills and career development in the Blue Economy" - Deadline extended
The deadline for submission (originally 31 May 2016) has been extended to 10 June 2016.